[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is taking a normal car to the track a thing? I want to do one

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

Is taking a normal car to the track a thing? I want to do one track day just for the fun of it without spending money modding my car or buying another car.

I do plan to buy a Miata as a second car if I like it.

Current car is similar to pic.
>>
>track day

Since you know this little, you'll likely kill your brakes, but other than that it should be fine.
It just won't be much fun in a landbarge like that.
>>
>>16175069
Yeah, taking a merc wagon to the track is probably not the smartest idea, lol
>>
Sure thing. Lots of people do it ironically in older 90s camry's and tercels and the like.

Just don't expect to be setting any speed records, don't drive stupidly cuz TRACK DAY YO, and enjoy yourself.
>>
>>16175093
Oh, of course. It's really just for the experience, to have some fun and also figure out if my idea of buying a small, fun car to prep for tracking is what I really want to do.
>>
>>16175061

Don't see why not, just make sure to do a cool down lap after and make sure all the fluids are at the correct levels before hand.

It is a C class, rwd and not exactly a barge so it should be good fun even if you get a lot of body roll. Don't see what being an estate has to do with it, there is hardly any weight difference between that and the saloon variant.

Don't push too hard and have fun, should be a good day out
>>
>>16175152
>It is a C class, rwd
OP here, mine's actually 4wd. how does that affect things?
>>
>>16175163
I think it's rear-biased though (60-40 split)
>>
>>16175061
>tracking 1.6 tone non amg Mercedes
Make sure to come back here to post daily dose of
>muh Mercedes keeps breaking
When you inviatably break something
>>
>>16175174
Again, the only thing that will suffer through the trackday will be the brakes. As long as the car isn't a rolling trash heap, of course.
>>
RIP

your tires
your brakes
some bodywork maybe
your engine from being revved to death
>>
Track days are fun no matter what you drive.

Source: autocrossed an old '92 600SEL
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.