[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lotus Cars

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: Lotus_logo_vector.svg.png (112KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Lotus_logo_vector.svg.png
112KB, 1024x1024px
What are /o/'s thoughts on Lotus and its various cars over the years? They seem like affordable-ish supercars but I rarely ever see one or a review of them.
>>
>>16174524
They're sellouts that took making it big over making good cars. Buy a Caterham or TVR or Noble or Morgan or Marcos or Ginetta or Ascari or literally anything else if you want an exotic British sports car.
>>
Lotus is on the extreme end of impractical. Ridiculously small, very uncomfortable, little to no amenities. Also, you pay quite a bit for what essentially is a more powerful and much less reliable miata with an exotic bodykit. People who are in the position to own and maintain lotuses usually have many better options.

Personally, if the evora (murifag here) was about $30-40k cheaper id get one. But i cant afford dropping 90k (before dealer markups, after is probably closer to 105-110k) on a car that's biggest amenity is AC from a company that is known to have severe reliability issues in the past, no matter how good muh driving feels are
>>
>>16174623
>little to no amenities

I thought their whole deal was about being light weight.
>>
>>16174524
Evora seems like it would make a pretty neat daily driver, and prices have dropped enough that they're somewhat reasonable now. N/A ones are still a bit too slow though.

I appreciate the lightness of the Elise and Exige, but prices for both have been creeping up.
>>
The Esprit Turbo is a sweet looking car but you have to stay up on the maintenance. But it is pretty bad ass for a 4cyl.
>>
>>16174623
>Evora
>90k
I'm pretty sure there are still 2014 cars sitting on lots, and used N/A models have hit the upper 30's now. A 2 or 3 year old S is maybe $65k at most.
>>
File: carlton.jpg (108KB, 730x547px) Image search: [Google]
carlton.jpg
108KB, 730x547px
>Best Lotus coming thru
>>
>>16174524

Cool, but impractical as fuck. Wanted a caterham, but got myself a bike+e46 m3 instead.
>>
cool little cars but absolutely horrible on the roads
anybody who driven these will tell you they are simply too rough for road use, not to mention daily driving

they are absolute blast on the track but then again, you might as well get something even more specialized for track use, like caterham

there is the evora of course but that one weights 1350kg (aka almost 3000 lbs in murrican)
it's hard to justify getting a lotus over something like the miata which is very similar in philosophy but is also comfortable on the roads in addition to that, and if you add the price and reliability into consideration the choice becomes even more obvious
>>
I do want to get a 3rd gen Esprit at some point of my life because of how great it looks. That being said, I don't want to mend it, so I'll just put it on my lawn as a decoration instead of a water feature or some other gay shit that my wife would want to put there.

>>16174671
>posting Opels on /o/
>>
>>16174524
They're not super cars...
>>
>>16174524
The Esprit is the poor mans Testarossa.
>>
Lots
Of
Troubles
Usually
Serious
>>
>>16174671
Original best lotus here
>>
File: Elise Sport Masthead.jpg (218KB, 1800x800px) Image search: [Google]
Elise Sport Masthead.jpg
218KB, 1800x800px
>>16174524
I want one
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.