[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /o/ think of the 300D?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: wide-1985-Mercedes-300D-Bruno-b.jpg (586KB, 1024x610px) Image search: [Google]
wide-1985-Mercedes-300D-Bruno-b.jpg
586KB, 1024x610px
What does /o/ think of the 300D?
>>
>>16173980
kek hipster car lol
>>
It's a great car, but it makes you look poor.
>>
slow
>>
>>16173980
Someone tried to give me one once
>>
Do you wear a fedora by chance OP?
>>
>>16173980
I have 2 of them and 55-year old straight men seem to be going gay for me.
Pros:
Easy to work on
Can run on lots of fuels ( waste veg, transmission fluid, peanut oil, etc)
Well engineered

Cons
Slow, unless you have a turbo and it's well tuned
Dash almost always cracked
A/C rarely works
>>
File: 1.jpg (25KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
25KB, 500x375px
>>16173980
The only guy I knew who owned one was a 30something year old IT guy who was having some kind of midlife crisis and turned into a wannabe mechanic.

Needless to say, he was an absolute cunt to work with for the two weeks of work training that he had with our workshop.

Do you want to be known as a stuck up poorfag hipster, anon?
>>
Its a nice car.
Drive train will never let you down.

Interior is pretty comfortable, and extremely durable. Its rare you see ripped or torn seats.

After 40 years small things will break or need servicing. Glue gets weak, and grease dries up.

Things like the Hirschmann antenna or the power window mechanism should be inspected and properly lubricated once you get the car. You only need to do this once.

The key is preventative maintenance.

The electronic and vaccum systems are generally trouble free.
But the vaccum system especially, needs an experenced hand to disgnose if something goes wrong.

The blower fan for the A/C system is sometimes a problem. The whole dashboard needs to be taken spart for it to be repaired.

The thing is if you want to do maintenance and repairs yourself there are plenty of guides and forums out there. Its not that difficult

Also if people think you look like a hipster, it's because you are.
>>
I only see them driven by old fellas and the beardy hipster types who also like old Volvo wagons, but I reckon they're still cool. Especially with all those assorted mileage badges on the front
>>
>>16175089
Buying this car doesn't turn someone into a particular guy that you know I'm afraid anon.
>>
>>16173980
Tractor
Lame
>>
File: vF5NMY1[1].jpg (3MB, 4640x3480px) Image search: [Google]
vF5NMY1[1].jpg
3MB, 4640x3480px
W124 Moɴeʏ PJt
>>
>>16173980
It's pretty good if you are not in a hurry to get anywhere.
If you are late, you are better of walking or taking the bus.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.