[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mileage

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

I'm looking to get either a 240sx or a 3rd gen supra. I read the sticky, and I know that I'm most likely to find these cars at an affordable price with around 150K miles. I would like to to DD the car for around 2 years before I turn it into a weekend toy, but I would like it to last a while after that. If I pick one of these two cars up at that mileage, how long will it realistically last, assuming that I don't crash or ride hard, before it starts to fall apart?
>>
Brother whatever you get is gonna start as a restomod. Use high quality parts and replace everything that needs to be and you will be fine. The cars are almost 30 years old, every piece is now a wear part and it will always be in some state of 'falling apart'.
>>
>>16166185
>240sx
>affordable price at 150k miles bahahaha

I saw a 240sx with 320k miles going for $2500
>>
Obtain an SC300 instead

Just as old school jap as the s13 and supra, will actually be a reliable DD
>>
>>16166185
>>16166191
here it is

https://baltimore.craigslist.org/cto/5871397438.html
>>
>>16166193
not OP but what do you think about this?

should I cop if I could get it under $3k?

http://hartford.craigslist.org/cto/5874830777.html
>>
>>16166193
Its something about those pop ups man, the SC300 doesn't do it for me
>>
>>16166185
>I read the sticky guise
>wants a MK3 Supra as a DD
>or a 240SX

The two cars couldn't be more different for starters, which makes me believe you want them simply for the looks or because muh RWD.

The Supra won't be reliable at all and parts will be expensive, and the 240SX will be rice taxed and thrashed to shit
>>
>>16166196
Yee
>>
>>16166212
How well built is the 2JZE? People in the thread I made told me I shouldnt touch it

>>16165583
>>
File: image.jpg (28KB, 324x288px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28KB, 324x288px
>>16166205
Nothing wrong with wanting a car for its looks and learning to appreciate the other parts of it through ownership. I know the two cars are very different, my question is how long do they last.
>>
>>16166202
>pop up meme
Ohhh jesus, child pls go.
>>
>>16166294
The better question is "how much money do you have to burn?"

I can't say anything about the wetnoodleSX, but MK3's are costly to keep running. Parts are expensive, it isn't the easiest engine to work on, and they aren't a stellar example of Toyota reliability
>>
>>16166232
They're reliable as hell.
>>
>>16166190
I can never understand how people get lucky with buying these. I feel like each one for sale I look at is one step from being in the compactor, but all the ones I see that arent for sale are immaculate and owned by some 19 year old
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.