[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Smallest vehicles to tow a Side x Side with?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: fpoole_RZRFallonNV-184.jpg (86KB, 650x487px) Image search: [Google]
fpoole_RZRFallonNV-184.jpg
86KB, 650x487px
Looking to get a 4WD vehicle for winter duty, and in the future I want to buy a Side x Side. Maybe a tiny camping trailer. Would you ever trust a Crossover or should I look into trucks and truck based SUVs only?

BTW I want a Tacoma but seeing if a AWD Crossover can handle towing ~3,000lbs up mountains and handle rough trails and sandy deserts to camp at.
>>
>>16162809
>getting a side by side
Just buy a buggy it's alot less money and a hell of alot more capable
>>
I've lugged around a 1.8 ton trailer full of music equipment on icy mountain roads and on rough farmland with a 2013 Outlander 2.2 diesel

I'm sure it'll be fine, but if you do this often it might be a better idea to look at a truck or bigger SUV
>>
>>16162815
A lot less reliable, I know a lot about VW platform buggies and sand rails. They're aren't the right tool for the job in my case.

Now if I was going to Glamis, that's a different story than forest trails
>>
>>16162809
I'd stay away from a crossover, just because it has a certain towing capacity dosent mean it can tow that much comfortably alot of crossovers don't have soild rear axle
Parents used to have a yukon and it could pull a 10 foot trailer with 2 bikes an atv and random camping shit no problem for hundreds of miles
>>
>>16162809
Why dont you buy a cheap suzuki samurai instead of getting an overpriced toy? You can drive it to where you need it and use it then drive it back.
>>
>>16162809
probably a tacoma with the towing package, or comparable mid size truck. my regular cab tacoma is "rated" for 3500lbs but actually hauling a 3500lb trailer can is a white knuckle experience on anything but straight and flat. I dont think some 3k rated crossover would be a much better experience.
>>
>>16162860
I thought about it, and also looked into a Jeep. Trackers, and Isuzu's.

I'd like to see a street vehicle go across whoops and rocks at 40 MPH. Ground clearance is another issue with the areas my family frequents.

Streets vehicles are for the street. I doubt they even make proper tires for the little sizes Samurai's use.

I see these side x sides for cheap compared to properly built small-4x4's.
>>
>>16162815
I'm curious if you have ever driven a RZR
>>
>>16162897
Dude why do you want a rzr? Turn a Ranger into a Baja racer. Or just buy a raptor.
>>
>>16162863
Exactly, there is no standard for determining towing capacity, it's more or less made up...anything unibody is going to be terrible. You want the heaviest and longest toe vehicle you can get.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.