[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm doing my first oil, oil filter, air filter and compartment

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: van.jpg (219KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
van.jpg
219KB, 960x640px
I'm doing my first oil, oil filter, air filter and compartment filter change tomorrow, am I in for some shit? Any tips? Should I deposit the used oil in the sewer?
>>
Bring it to an auto parts store
>>
>>16160723

Don't be afraid to use a cheater bar on the filter wrench when you're installing the new filter, they're supposed to be really tight.

Dig a hole and pour the oil into it. Oil comes from the ground anyways so you're basically recycling it.
>>
You're supposed to cook with it
>>
eat it.
>>
>>16160723
>compartment filter
>am I in for some shit
>should I dump it in the sewer
Please go to a shop you are clearly too retarded to do such an easy job by yourself
>>
Dump the oil in your fuel tank.
>>
>>16160933
There's no better way for someone to learn than doing it themselves. It's very unlikely that he'll do anything that fucks up the car, and who cares what gets dumped in the sewer, worrying about that is hillary voter shit
>>
Just dump it in your neighbor's yard. That's what I always do and he still hasn't noticed
>>
>>16160742
>Don't be afraid to use a cheater bar on the filter wrench when you're installing the new filter, they're supposed to be really tight.
heh this reminds me of a story.
When I was 15 me and my buddies had a joint owned Jeep.
One afternoon we decided the oil in the Jeep needed changing.
Everything went smoothly and we took the Jeep for a drive.
About 12 miles in the car suddenly seized up and came to a stop.
Oil dripping everywhere on the road behind us.
The engine was fucked forever.

What happened was that we tightened the filter by hand when we should have used the proper tools.
The filter unscrewed itself due to pressure in the crank case.
>>
>>16161203
No, they go on hand-tight. You just limpwristed it or double-gasketed the thing.
>>
>>16161203
Probably had the old gasket on it still
>>
kek sprinter oil changes, their 'long life' oil is the only one that makes sense, they just add more.

Around 12 litres of engine oil per change on some of the 5 cylinder engines.
>>
Car burns oil
Add a quart every fillup
Always fresh oil
Never need to do oil change

Get on my level
>>
>>16162090
Get lost, Wankel.
>>
>>16161173
>Aborted
LOL
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.