[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is the audi meme true? what exactly is wrong with audis?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

File: audi reliability.jpg (118KB, 743x537px) Image search: [Google]
audi reliability.jpg
118KB, 743x537px
is the audi meme true? what exactly is wrong with audis?
>>
File: jjmx5.jpg (514KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
jjmx5.jpg
514KB, 2560x1440px
>>16159886

Nothing's wrong with them, most people on /o/ are just too poor to own and maintain one.

Being poor is not a worthy reason to bash something. Sour grapes etc.
Pic related is teh typical audi hater's ride
>>
>>16159891
>shitpost guy doing some shitposting
ok
>>
Overengineering
>>
The cars usually have a lot of plastic parts that "snap" together, which break.
They also have a lot of plastic parts to be removed that serve no purpose beyond air management.
They also have a tendency to be dual overhead cam, which doesn't help when, if ever, you need to adjust the timing on the car.
Being smaller displacement motors, and even smaller cars, than comparable american cars you're going to have a lot of trouble getting to belt driven components. Like air conditioning and alternators.
>>
>>16159886
Nothing. Theyre cars just like any other cars. Everyone buys them for their own reasons, just people buy any other car for some other reason. Racebois on /o/ shitpost about VAG all day long because they want the top tier cars with the biggest engines, but cant afford one until its beat to shit for 150k miles by 7 owners. Then they come on here and shill about civics and miatas.
>>
>>16159886
iirc a lot of them are meshed together from volkswagens, porsches and i think skodas. the audi tt also shared most of its parts with volkswagens.
>>
>>16159930
Implying this is a problem somehow
>>
>>16159930
The original TT is actually pretty much just a VW Beetle and is made up from various parts from the VW Golf / Jetta / Bora, Skoda Octavia, and Seat Toleado. The engine in the TT is also from a Beetle I'm pretty sure.
>>
File: 1461633482651.png (27KB, 407x742px) Image search: [Google]
1461633482651.png
27KB, 407x742px
>>16159944
>made up of scraps
>audi TT is the SPAM of the car world
>>
>>16159930
The A3 and TT are mechanically identical to the Golf, save for their RS versions (which have a unique engine).
The B5 A4 and B5 Passat are also very similar cars, but later generations of Passat shared more with the Golf than the A4.

There's also the A1, which the US doesn't get, but it's basically a premium VW Polo.
>>
>>16159886

My old man has a 3.0 TDI A4 he has had since new, on 120k now and only needed consumables mostly.

Biggest issue was the EML coming on (surprise surprise) and it turned out the fault was with the inlet manifold swirl flaps. Looking online it is pretty common and most people said they needed replaced. Our local garage are really good, so took the originals apart and fixed the wiring instead of replacing the whole thing so the bill was under £100.

I can imagine most garages just replacing the whole part instead of replacing the original would be very expensive, which pisses a lot of people off. This is the only Audi I have experience with, it is a great car.
>>
>>16159924
>DOHC is a bad thing
>>
>>16159891
>pizza delivery miata

This is how I imagine every anon on /o/
>>
they tend to rely on extremely cheap plastics and have INCREDIBLY TIGHT component packaging in their engine bays.
i mean, you can fix them just fine, it just takes notably longer to do anything compared to a mercedes or bmw
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.