[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you turn left out of a parking lot onto a street with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: Traffic Help.png (11KB, 819x460px) Image search: [Google]
Traffic Help.png
11KB, 819x460px
How do you turn left out of a parking lot onto a street with a center left turn lane?
>>
>>16158900
Same way you turn out if the center lane wasnt there, wait till no cars are in your way and hurry up
>>
>>16158900
Ha, in some cities, I see semi trucks parked in the center turn lane. Even UPS delivery trucks have parked there for package deliveries as many shops are jewish about providing parking to the point of making customers park in someone else's parking lot.
>>
>>16158900
Use blue if traffic isn't super busy

Used red if traffic is really bad, because you're not going to find an opening in both flows.
>>
>>16158900

I usually do Way 2 only when there is no traffic. I don't like playing around with Way 1.
>>
>>16158900
I guess in most cases you re gonna to be prohibited from going left.
>>
Method one is illegal.

That being said, method one.
>>
You can always go right.
I often take rights in busy traffic despite having to go lefts because I'm bad at accurately gauging gaps. You can turn around at the next left anyway.
>>
>>16158900
>How do you turn left out of a parking lot onto a street with a center left turn lane?

If there is too much traffic, I first turn right when getting out. Then I look for a U-turn or left turn so that I can head in the correct direction. Usually there is too much traffic to directly get a full left turn out of the parking lot on those types of city highways. Or as is more likely, the parking lot has "right turn only" signs because people making left turns clog up the traffic behind them.

What sucks is occasionally someone making left turns out of the lot sits squarely in the exit lane so that no one can even make a right turn. It's like they are deliberately doing that just to be obnoxious.
>>
>>16161537
>illegal
????????
Thats the textbook answer. Everyone just uses method 2 though, with a variation of driving down the center lane to mergee
>>
>>16162862
>>16162862
I just did some googling, and it looks like it's illegal everywhere in the US. I'm not quite sure why though. Because you might try to enter the turn lane while someone is about to enter to turn left? That seems just as probable to me as two people on either sides of traffic entering into the turn lane at the same time and place. Oh well, I've done it dozens right in front of a police station, and I've never got in trouble, so I'll keep doing it.
>>
>>16162946
I am in canada and this scenario came up in my driving school long long ago. Maybe i am just remembering wrong but i would do method 1. Cant see why anyone would get a ticket unless they drive down the center lane.
>>
>>16158900
Because turning right and going around the block or u-turning when its safe is such an inconvenience.
>>
>>16163299
why take a detour when you dont have to? That's silly.
>>
>>16159163
ups driver. Can confirm some sketchy maneuvers must be made for the sake of slingin packages
>>
>>16161493
this
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.