[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why does /o/ hate the tesla? I swapped cars and drove a friends

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: tesla-s-p90d-03.jpg (234KB, 1000x568px) Image search: [Google]
tesla-s-p90d-03.jpg
234KB, 1000x568px
why does /o/ hate the tesla? I swapped cars and drove a friends p90d today and tried the ludicrous mode, It is a pretty awesome car. It feels faster than my 911 turbo from 0-60 and has a faster quarter mile as well. It is heavier so the handling isn't as nimble as the 911. But over all, i think it is basically better than a bugatti for like 10x less in price.

I think my next car will be a tesla. The technology is just awesome, self drive, self opening doors, app control so the car pull up from its parking spot to meet you.

Are you guys just bitter shitbox driving contrarians trying to troll normal people?
>>
>>16154509
I drove the p90 too, and you can't argue with the pickup on it, it is ridiculous.
But the inside looks like a fucking rental with an iPad glued to it. Plastic everywhere, complete lack of trim. No soul whatsoever.
Plus, it's a sedan. I'll stick with my two seater.
>>
>>16154509
You had me until
>self drive
And the rest of the techy mom-features are all trash that detract from it. I'm interested in getting an electric as a side-car, but it needs to be sportier and more substantial before it'd be worth the extra expense.
>>
Op, it's time to go to school, mommy won't be happy if you miss again.

it's 2016 and you couldn't even take a single picture of "your" car of "friends" cars to illustrate ? how imaginary is your friend ?
>>
because it's shit

EVs aren't sustainable.
EVs demand further manufacturing of entire cars, ICEs being converted to alternative fuels demand....a bit of tuning, some fueling system work, and new hoses.
EVs can't be carbon neutral. Enjoy all that battery recycling while my alcohol engine tuned and equipped to put out a very small amount of Co2 shits into a nuclear powered carbon scrubber that feeds ethanol-manufacturing nanospikes that then feed my gas tank.
Luxury features aren't unique to EVs
it has no gearbox so it's useless past 60. car of the future? i thought we were going to go a lot faster than that in the future.
range is crap. ICE tech is already there, fuel supply chain isn't and neither is engine compatibility with alternative fuel, but it could all be dandy if basic corporate greed were pushed aside for a bout of serious central planning. battery tech will probably never get there, ever.

i seriously can not see EVs having a place in the future except as syndicated/public bus and taxi services in cities that are so rich in electricity and so poor in combustibles that they're saving money by relying on battery renewal, and mostly circumventing range/lifespan problems by owning the entire fleet instead of hoping individual consumers drive to the dealerships
>>
>>16154616
Good thing nobody cares what you think.

EVs pollute less in the long run and short run.
>>
>>16154509
because in their imaginations they track their daily driver 7 days a week and also somehow in their imagination they can afford a $130,000 Tesla but they can't afford 2 cars.
>>
>>16154647
compared to performance-tuned petrol engines in a world where people would rather build a new tesla and give them free breaks, grants, and credits than research carbon reuse and recapture?

sure

but that world is literally retarded
>>
>>16154674
Found the autist
>>
>>16154682
>Complaining about the poor choices of legislators and scifi fanboys made businessmen is autism

K

Enjoy your 200 mile range. Every time you charge, or switch cars and let your taxi drive off to charge itself, remember you could have just spent thirty second mintues filling up with all american E100.
>>
>>16154685
*300 mile range

Must suck to have autism
>>
>>16154687
>make it halfway across montana before having to charge for an hour or switch vehicles instead of 2/3s of the way

wow amazing
>>
>>16154695
>living in flyover country
>>
>>16154695
Not an argument
>>
>>16154696
>taking the plane
>caring about the environment

pick one
>>
>>16154698
Problem: It's shit.
>i-i-it's actually slightly better
Problem: It's slightly better shit.
>>
>>16154616
>EVs demand further manufacturing of entire cars
Good thing that the industry is already producing new cars every single fucking day, eh? Or do we still drive Model Ts because Ford stopped making cars in the 1920s?

>i seriously can not see XXX having a place in the future
A lot of people said that about a lot of things during the history of mankind.
>>
>>16154711
The industry producing new cars is great for your shitty capitalist economy but horrible for your already bleak future

See you from the other side of the wall
>>
>>16154718
>trump supporters are stupid
What a surprise.
>>
>>16154685
enjoy trying to travel far with e100 unless you got a fucking 50 gallon cell
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.