[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Oil and coolant spill? How to clean it up?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 1476499404484.jpg (102KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1476499404484.jpg
102KB, 400x300px
Hey guys,

My old 92 cavalier was leaking alot of oil and coolant over the year a owned it. I have junked the car now in the street there is a huge puddle of old oil and coolant. Its been piling up for a year. How do i clean that up?
>>
>>16154303
bump
>>
>>16154303
You don't.
>>
>>16154303
Dump some cat litter on it for a bit then sweep up.
Any oly stains left over soak with brake cleaner and dab up with paper towel.
>>
>>16154365
thanks.
>>
>>16154362
I dont want to but my neighbors are yelling at me
>>
>Dump detergent on it
>Spray some water over it
>Let it sit for an hour
>Pressure wash it or hose and stiff broom it
>>
>>16154303
>How do i clean that up?

If the pooled up stuff is still fairly liquid, then strong detergent, scrub with a stiff synthetic broom, and then wash it away. Repeat several times as needed. If it is caked thick, then you'll have to chip it off and put into trash. Then wash the residue.

If you have a power washer, that will take it off of course. Just don't abrade the street surface.

>>16154381
>I dont want to but my neighbors are yelling at me
Just feel lucky you aren't making a mess of the street in a HOA. Not only did you park a junker on the street for a year, but you illegally drained its antifreeze and oil into the street and let it pool there. For a year or so. Most HOA would have sent you a lawyer letter each time interval to please fix the problem. Then after a period of time, they'd get fed up and someone would make a motion at the monthly homeowners' meeting. The homeowners in attendance would then vote to do something such as tow the car into abandoned property storage and hire someone to repair the street.

Pretty much all cities have abandoned car rules for cars that park on a city street. Typically 72 hours is the limit for non-functional cars on the street before they get towed to abandoned property where fees acrue. But in the HOA case, the fees would be applied as a lien on your house. Some HOA have 3 month, 6 month, or 9 month lien periods after which they seek a judge to order foreclosure. Your house is now up for auction (even if you didn't know it because you refused to answer the lawyer letters to talk to the lawyer). Then one day, you find a photocopy on red paper taped to your front door. You'll probably be served papers either by registered letter or by the sheriff deputy saying you have 2 weeks to leave as your house and property were sold for a few thousand dollars (what a bargain) to some smart buyer. Actually, the bidding would probably go up to 100K at least as real estate agents buy them for resale.
>>
>>16154303
>How do i clean that up?

If the old oil and coolant has dried out into a stiff cake, scrape it off. That is the best way. Then to the stiff remnants, apply solvent to soften it up for removal. Don't melt the street asphalt with the solvent. IE, don't apply too much unless you feel like an asshole and anger the neighborhood some more.
>>
>>16154560
and please keep in mind the HOA has governmental powers despite being as democratic as an informal group of friends deciding what movie to see and does not have to abide by civil rights because it is essentially a corporation

basically, with an HOA, you live in communist russia. you work to maintain state and community or you go to gulag (ghetto). comrade should know to always clean up the oil spill on a party street. must have it looking nice so people know eez not the amerika. ve do not care if you are workink too long hours towards glory of party and do not have ze time. gulag, now comrade.
>>
File: CuX3tVDVYAEQTuh.jpg (55KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
CuX3tVDVYAEQTuh.jpg
55KB, 1200x800px
>>16154583
STOP MAKING ME A RAGE
>>
>>16154303
Sand, cat litter, cement mix. Either one will suck it up.
>>
>>16154381
Tell them to fuck off in a semi crazy way.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.