[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is /o/'s opinion on Japanese Classics?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: DSC_0063-1.jpg (757KB, 1200x803px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0063-1.jpg
757KB, 1200x803px
What is /o/'s opinion on Japanese Classics?
>>
>classics
>80s era sedan

That's like calling your crappy BMW 530i a classic. If it can't fetch high auction dollars, its not worth noticing.
>>
>>16152352
anything over 25 years is considered a classic here in America you dinkleberg dildo faggot
>>
>classic
>post war aberigan money injected crap

Well, about that it's just crap. Just like Korean cars today, japanese cars from 70's 80's wanted to be better than european cars.
>>
File: 33489270023_large.jpg (39KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
33489270023_large.jpg
39KB, 512x384px
I wanna import an Infiniti Q45 from the US and slap Nissan President visual parts on it to make a LHD President, but it would end up costing a ton and looking like exactly like any 90s Jaguar to most people (read: no one batting an eye).

As for actual classics, first of all in their case too I feel inhibited by the steering layout, also they've become quite rare and are asking outrageous prices for most of them basically being tiny econoboxes.
>>
It's not a classic if it doesn't have fender-mounted side mirrors.
>>
>>16152352
So a BMW 530i isn't a classic but a low mileage M5 is?

Some of those fucking things still sell for 40-50k.
>>
File: dougdemuro.png (6KB, 111x107px) Image search: [Google]
dougdemuro.png
6KB, 111x107px
>>16152349
>>
Does anyone here have experience with daily driving an imported JDM car in America? What's it like to live with RHD, and how terrible is parts availability and insurance?
>>
>>16152459
Forgot to add that I'm asking about parts availability for a car that was never sold in the U.S., like a R33 or Toyota Crown.
>>
>>16152349
reddit.com/r/SkyLine/comments/52ij3y/looking_for_some_advice/

>Do not use Japanese Classics!!! Cannot stress this enough to people. I bought my red R32 from them solely off their reputation & they passed it off as a great condition car with no mechanical issues. Nearly $15k and a full engine rebuild later, I'm finally getting it to a drivable point that they claimed it was in. I'll attach pictures soon.

>They then went on to say the car never had any issues while it was in their possession & accused my mechanic of harvesting parts from my car because he didn't know what he was doing. Except for the fact that he rebuilt his own R32 & races it, and has restored/repaired many others, including my Nismo R32. But according to Japanese Classics, he's a crook and doesn't know what he's doing.
>>
>>16152492
>I bought my red R32 from them solely off their reputation

What a fucking idiot. It clearly says on their website you can have any mechanic of your choice inspect their cars before purchase. Kid is a dumbass.
>>
>>16152497
Then maybe they shouldn't misrepresent the condition of their cars. It only made wastegate pressure and was very obviously fucked. Japanese Classics had no problem passing this car off to a buyer because they knew he couldn't reasonably reasonably inspect it halfway across the country.
>>
>>16152349
If it's old enough to be considered a classic and japanese, it's probably not all that great. In all fairness a lot of the 70's japanese shitboxes are still running, but they were shitboxes then, they're shitboxes now.

If you're talking about cars that might be future classics though, there's a long list of those. Japanese luxury first started beating out the Germans in the 90's with the LS400, and it'll probably be a classic 10~30 years from now.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.