[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Engine too small, wut

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

So Im being told that I shouldnt get a crossover w/ only 4 cylinders because the engine is too small for a crossover weight. It wouldnt be, and I quote, able to pull the car strong enough. Forcing it could leads to premature wear and tear - a hit on reliability. 4 cylinders should only be in sedan and anything larger should be 6 cylinders instead. What say /o/ about the merit of this arguement?

Im looking at the CX 9 w/ the 4 cylinder turbo, but this paradigm shift is having me second thought. Also wouldnt the turbo adds complexity to the car that could hamper reliability down the road?
>>
>>16149343
why would you buy a shitty 3-row crossover?

if you need the passenger space, get a minivan.if you don't need the passenger space, get a used luxury sedan.
>>
File: 2016-Toyota-RAV4-Diesel-0.jpg (58KB, 750x405px) Image search: [Google]
2016-Toyota-RAV4-Diesel-0.jpg
58KB, 750x405px
>>16149355
>Van
After driving the Sienna around hauling 20 cases of Heineken, I realized that it feels like driving a house and I dont even drink - those beers were for an event. It feels like Im taking up all the lane and some, I dont want that.
>Luxury Sedan
I am but a simple man, who wish but a simple life and little affairs.
>>
The CX-5 weight almost the same as the Mazda6 w/ the same engine, by that virtue the engine shouldnt be any worse off between the two. So is what Im being told nonsense or something I missed??
>>
>>16149425
OP is asking about a cx9
>>
>>16149377
LS430 or a volvo s80 or an e-class without some of the gizmos.
>>
>>16149511
An econobox would fit me better for a sedan, but I want space! but not too much like a van though.
>>
>>16149343
Subaru Legacy/Outback wagon
>>
File: Jack_Dan_NOT.jpg (31KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
Jack_Dan_NOT.jpg
31KB, 300x400px
I dont need recommendation, what I want to know is, is there truth in the claim above? I dont know enough about the dynamic of engine and load to resolve for myself, so I ask /o/.
>>
>>16149674

The baby boomers who's 180 hp V8s and 60hp V4s in the 70's gave them this horrible idea that 4 cylinders can't make power. They are trying to use RF signals from their CBs to impregnate the idea into your brain remotely. Don't let boomers trap you into a 1970s technological level of understanding. Resist!
>>
File: 223240814_1280x720.jpg (118KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
223240814_1280x720.jpg
118KB, 1280x720px
>>16149377
>I don't mean to seem like I care about material things
>all I want is 4 doors and 4 wheels for my girls
>>
>>16149343
Go drive it
>>
>>16149622
Get a sedan or wagon ffs
>>
>>16149622
tsx sportwagon
cadillac cts wagon

turbos are more complex and WILL require more maintenance over the life of the car.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.