[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

somewhat new to manual, i have a quick question? when im lazy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 1478741275489.jpg (75KB, 719x512px) Image search: [Google]
1478741275489.jpg
75KB, 719x512px
somewhat new to manual, i have a quick question?

when im lazy and dont feel like matching the exact RMP the engine will be at when i put the clutch in during an upshift, BEFORE putting it in, i usually just clutch >shift up >clutch back in slowly resulting in the car loosing some speed and the RPM going up on its own, is this bad? are you supposed to rev match always?
>>
>>16144127

RPM*

kill me
>>
You don't really have to rev match , but there's no reason not to.
>>
>>16144127
Slow roasting the clutch when you do that
>>
I want to add a question onto this. Which is worse for the transmission? Rev being too high and having to come down or rev being low and having to come up? Or is it a matter of one being bad for the transmission and one being bad for the clutch system?
>>
>granny shifting
>not double clutching like you should
>>
>>16144127
>rev matching when upshifting
actually what
>>
>>16144127
>upshifting
>RPM having to go up

You're just letting go of the clutch way too slow. Stop holding in your clutch for so long.
>>
>>16144187
>>16144291
Protects synchros and results in a smoother shift. Basically you just let the clutch out at the correct RPM.
>>16144240
OP listen to this
>>16144254
And not this autist. I seriously can't tell if people actually think double clutching is anything but a massive waste of time, driving a truck from the 60s with no synchros or are just trolling.
>>
>>16144127
Why would a cat need anti-depressants?
>>
>>16144312
Contrary to belief, cats are not assholes and will get depressed over deaths of owners/other cats.
>>
>>16144321
That's just a normal part of grieving, not chronic depression
>>
File: 7633438-853-480.jpg (159KB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
7633438-853-480.jpg
159KB, 853x480px
>>16144306
>And not this autist. I seriously can't tell if people actually think double clutching is anything but a massive waste of time, driving a truck from the 60s with no synchros or are just trolling.
>>
>>16144127
Itll be alright, you could as youre letting the clutch up give it some gas to make the shift smoother
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.