[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

110km/h Speed limit increase in New Zealand

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 7

File: IMG_1096.jpg (30KB, 511x288px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1096.jpg
30KB, 511x288px
http://i.stuff.co.nz/motoring/86321642/Government-gives-thumbs-up-to-110kmh-speed-limit-on-some-roads

>A 110kmh speed limit looks likely to be introduced on some New Zealand roads.

>Associate Transport Minister Craig Foss said a proposed new speed management guide, released on Thursday, would "modernise New Zealand's approach to managing speed" and enable a limit of 110kmh on some roads.

>"To be eligible for a 110kmh limit, a road will have to meet very strict conditions, including having a median barrier, at least two lanes in each direction and no direct access to neighbouring properties," he said.

Couldn't have come soon enough. Driving at 100 on roads like the new northwestern motorway extension is so incredibly boring, most people speed anyway. What do other kiwifags think? Ausfags need not apply
>>
>10kph more
>which you already do anyway
>only on ridiculously specific roads

Why even bother? This doesn't make sense.
>>
>>16143854
They have finally realised just how dumb the 100kph speed limit is, spurred on by the fact that everyone speeds. The final hurdle is getting it passed all of the bleeding asses who have absolutely no automotive understanding who believe that any speed above 90 is inherently dangerous
>>
>>16143887
110 is just as stupid.
>>
>62mph to 68mph

Woah holy shit! That's the normal speed variation on a highway that's supposedly limited to 60mph.

Seems like it's less about the actual speed and more about how big the number sounds.
>>
>>16143909
it's about the gubmint getting more votes
>>
>>16143846
I'm consistently over 160 on all those roads anyway.
>>
>>16143922
I would be on the top speed limiter all day every day if I could, only the revenue patrol are out in force on those roads and will be even more so when the number goes up to the equally arbitrary number of 110. I don't trust my valentine that much
>>
>>16143887
It's only on a handful of roads, but the country are going to have to learn the slow lane / fast lane concept. At the moment double lane expressways are fucking pointless because no cunt knows how to fuck off into the slow lane.

Last time I drove the Waikato expressway up towards Auckland I was constantly stuck behind shitheads in the right lane doing 1-2km/h more than the people in the left. So we're doing like 105km/h if we're lucky here while I'm wanting to do 120km/h.

Great idea on paper, but can our country of notoriously average drivers make it great in practice.

Also, since every cunt goes like 115/120 at the moment does that mean 130 is now socially acceptable unless you get a tough cop?
>>
>>16144057
From what I've heard on the radio this morning the cops will just do their gay "zero tolerance" shit at all times on those roads. In other words, it's 100k speed limit with the normal 10k tolerance, only the faggots can't give you a ticket for 5 over
>>
Wow, NZ the land of the cucks.

In America we do 130km/h everywhere.
>>
>>16143846
Wow such speed.
Meanwhile even Eastern European shitholes allow up to 130/140 kph
>>
>>16144109
>>16144098
We have some very weak minded people in this country though. Also very easy driving tests
>>
>google 110 kph in freedom units
>68 miles per hour

Fucking lol 90% of highways in the US are 65 and some out west are 70-80 where it's straight for miles. Everyone drives 85 on the 65s and cops ignore it.
>kiwis
>>
>>16144069
Oh so there's really no point in even making it 110 then if they're just gonna do you if you're going say 115. A lot of people already do 110 and cops don't blink an eye.

>>16144120
It's a joke, I know. You have to realise though that the majority of our highways aren't exactly straight double laned deals so people will end up throwing themselves off cliffs and shit.

>>16144119
>We have some very weak minded people in this country though.

This 100%. Also all the dumbfuck 19 year olds with their 20e Skyline mummy and daddy bought thinking they're Sebastian Vettel the day they pick it up. Our driving tests are indeed a joke, I mean I believe they're a bit tougher now but we need to take a leaf out of aussies book regarding driving tests.

I mean fuck, I got my class 5 full 12 odd years ago by driving around for 10 minutes with an empty unit for fucks sake.
>>
This is great, loss of license is 40 km over here, which means I can now do 150 without losing my license. Also it says very specific roads but basically the whole southern motorway meets that requirement.
>>
>>16144219
>which means I can now do 150 without losing my license

They'll fuck you in the ass with demerits though. I know I'm only one 15ish over ticket away from losing my license over demerits.

But yeah nah I vote for 120 NZ wide, watch natural selection at its finest take place.
>>
>>16144206
You're a fucking cunt if you think our driving tests/regulations need to be like aus where it's illegal to put a pod filter on your car. And kids who's parents buy their cars don't end up with 20e's, they probably don't even know what a fucking RB is, all those cars are driven by the waste of tax payer money that is south auckland. All this means is that you're less likely to get a ticket now, which is a good thing so fuck off to aus if you think this is a bad idea and want tougher regulations you grape looking mother fucker
>>
>>16144231
That would never fly. Since I lost my license I only ever do 100 (which is 110 on the speedo anyway) but I do it everywhere, around every corner. I have felt my potenza 225s getting to their limit flying around some 65k corners at 100k. There are some vehicles, l300 vans being a great example, that can't take a corner safely at 100, let alone 120. I would rather speed limits be put in place for specific vehicle classes
>>
>>16144238
>you grape looking slut

I know the guy from that video, you can fuck off mate.

Why are you getting so wound up over this? I never said tougher car regulations, I just said driving tests need to be a lot tougher. We need driving hour requirements here. A lot tougher licensing. You're a bus riding dickhole if you think otherwise. Even more so if you think RB's are limited to the degenerates of South Auckland. You're a fucking idiot.

>>16144245
I know it'd never fly. Not even considering specific vehicle classes, there's some people in this country that couldn't even poke an Evo round a corner much faster than the recommendation.

What do you drive if you don't mind me asking? You don't strap potenza's on just anything. I'm bad for travelling at 120 everywhere despite losing my license once before
>>
>>16144238
I don't think he said anything in regards to regulations related to fitting pod filters you bonafide strawman.
>>16144206
>You have to realise though that the majority of our highways aren't exactly straight double laned deals so people will end up throwing themselves off cliffs and shit
This. Comparing American snorefest runways to NZ rally special stages is literally apples to oranges.
>>
>>16144258
06 integra type r
Just sold it recently though and bought a 300zx
>>
Ausfag here. The wife and I are madly saving shekels to move over to Clyde, Alexandra, Cromwell sort of area in central Otago.

Thank-you for the speed limit increase. Only adds to our will to escape the Australian and Queensland gubbermint and move to fuckin' paradise (although probably not Paradise up past Glenorchy, expensive as.)

You cunts rock.
>>
>>16144263
>300zx

Colour me mildly jealous. V6 Turbo? Don't see many, if any around NZ anymore

>>16144271
Hope you like the cold my man. Welcome to NZ though, cheers cunt
>>
File: 1462243825985.png (200KB, 2000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
1462243825985.png
200KB, 2000x1333px
>>16144280

Fuck yeah, love the cold. We were walking around Mt. Aoraki. The wife and all the Asian tourists are rugged up hardcore with the temp in the negatives and I couldn't stand it. We were walking the Hooker Valley and I was overheating in a pair of jeans and a shirt. Even getting caught in a cold front and snowed in on the Haast Pass was comfy man.

Cheers lad, love your country. I've lived in a car and travelled a fair whack of QLD and top end out to WA Aus and we don't have shit compared to NZ. Everywhere we went on the South Island was fucking primo and clean, all the Kiwi's we met were legends.

And you cunts put your rubbish in the bin! It's amazing.
>>
File: IMG_1074.jpg (642KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1074.jpg
642KB, 1920x1080px
>>16144280
1994 twin turbo 5 speed manual, with the usual rear main seal leak and vacuum leak. So in other words a top tier z32! Thing has a full hks MAF setup and is running ~15psi
>>
>>16144280
>Don't see many, if any
sure thing Scribe. Hows that Subaru RS?
>>
File: bigass.jpg (78KB, 960x716px) Image search: [Google]
bigass.jpg
78KB, 960x716px
>>16144320
Love that! That T top is enough to have me nursing a semi. I bet that's an absolute delight to drive man.

All I've got is this XF and a Ranger for a work ute at the moment. Been hanging out for a long time for a nice E46 M3. Wildly jealous of your 300ZX however, I'd love that in my garage man

>>16144315
You'll be mint then man! I wish you enjoy many crates of Speights. What are you planning on doing in NZ?

>>16144338
Yeah nah I'd rather walk before having a Subaru RS in my garage cheers
>>
>>16144258
Sorry m8 west auckland too. The driving tests have been made tougher recently, and the testing instructors have have a quota of people they have to fail per day. I don't want to live under some communist regime where I have to parallel park in under 4 seconds else I fail and lose $100. Btw I passed all 3 of my tests the first time 100%, but it's wrong to call them too easy as I've known heaps of people that have failed because of stupid shit like not checking their mirror when pulling into into a flush median, or not indicating right when they cross the centerline on on a narrow street
>>
>>16144206
>but we need to take a leaf out of aussies book regarding driving tests
The only way to fail ours is to speed up in a school zone, and the only reason those get you in the first place is because they're improperly signed for the revenue raisers.
>>
>>16144360
I love driving it, it's like the melenium falcon. It shouldn't be as fast as it is, and it's constantly breaking down. It also has a huge road presence and sticks out a foot further from the curb than all the other cars on any given street
>>
>>16144360
E36 m3s are as cheap as they will ever be atm, and they aren't too far removed from the e46, as long as you can deal with a mediocre seating postition. Also way more reliable
>>
File: old_dark.png (150KB, 170x655px) Image search: [Google]
old_dark.png
150KB, 170x655px
>>16144360

Enjoyed many a Speight while I was there. Actually the Speight's Alehouses aren't bad and the one in Dunedin does a mean steak and beer tasting tray. I was expecting poofy little tumblers but out came the twelve pots in a row and I knew I was made for this country.

I'm in the maritime training industry delivering commercial marine training for Master and Engineer tickets. I'm hoping to either continue in this sector, get on board a tourist boat operation as the Master or Engine Driver in Lake Wakatipu or in Wanaka/Fiordlands, coastal freight in Dunedin or I'd actually really like a job with your water board. Working on the hydro dams on the Clutha and others around Otago and the irrigation canals would be a dream to me.
>>
>>16143846
I already go 110
>>
>>16146248
And now you can go 120 without risking more, you dumb fuck.
>>
>>16143854
this

nsw here nobody gives a flying fuck about speed limits unless there is a HWP blitz or speed camera clearly visable
>>
Just the last 4 years they were going fucking ham on no tolerance limits for public holidays and shit.
Oh, your speedo is out +4km at 100? Ticket. +3km at 100 the next year, ticket.

They need to make up their fucking minds.
Oh hur dur too people people are getting rekt out there.
>Licensing tests are basic as fuck and only comprise of a few key skills like parakek parking and giving way

Our drivers are so fucking terrible, and the problem is still asians in low speed areas and speeding fucks in shitmobiles on motorways with no dividers.
>>
>>16146364
same problem here in straya

thank fuck there isnt many young drivers anymore except in the countyside
>>
>>16143887
Onterrible needs this significantly more. Doing below 120 on 100kmph highways between major cities is reserved only for tractor trailers, people with trailers, and pajeets in jeeps.

130 is the normal speed that which people dribe in 100kmph stretches.

If you go over 135, you risk being flagged down by highway aerocraft, though.
>>
File: slow-day-at-autobahn.webm (2MB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
slow-day-at-autobahn.webm
2MB, 720x404px
>>16143846
>laughs in german
>>
>>16147024
>passing a 600
>>
They are also talking lowering speed limits on some roads, like the rimutaka hill road. Fuck knows why.
>>
>>16143846
>Look at the feckin mess those Strayans have with their mutterways
>Feck the besturds, we'll show em
>>
110 zones are great on city motorways at least. Here in Sydney, Australia people will hog the right lane all day in a 100 zone doing just a few kays over or not even doing 100... but in 110 zones most people don't. People think if their speedo reads 120 they're speeding madly and are perfectly content sitting on 110 in the left or middle lane.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.