[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dirt Track Street Stock

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: WOS_1653.jpg (361KB, 800x531px) Image search: [Google]
WOS_1653.jpg
361KB, 800x531px
Does liking this make me a redneck? Something about roaring carbureted V8 engines flying around a dirt oval where contact between drivers is the rule - not the exception - in cars that resemble classic American muscle cars gives me an adrenaline rush. It's the most popular form of racing here in Burgerland with almost 800 dirt tracks across the US - it's a booming industry, really. Some asphalt tracks are even going back to dirt.

Thinking about building one of these. No use talking me out of it. Better off just telling me what I should build; a Monte Carlo, Camaro, Nova, etc?
>>
>>16141239

build the coolest looking one, arent they all the same on the inside?

make one that looks like the modern camero
>>
>>16141239

I love these. So much. so, so much. brings a tear to my eye that I wasn't there

http://www.floridaracingmemories.com/Drivers/drivers.html
>>
File: AL_KUHN.jpg (166KB, 800x556px) Image search: [Google]
AL_KUHN.jpg
166KB, 800x556px
>>16141339
forgot pic
>>
>>16141239
>guy down the street from me has a sirt track Camaro chassis just like this with no engine or wheels
>Want to offer him some money for it
>No room to put it anywhere
fugg
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-11-09-21-49-28.png (551KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-11-09-21-49-28.png
551KB, 1440x2560px
Sucks there's no good tracks near me. I'm sure there's some kind of underground dirt racing somewhere here. I don't get how there is like no car culture in Jax.
>>
>>16141574
I live near a 5/8 mile dirt track with hundreds of cars competing in all types of classes...feels pretty good man.

Track is making bank, too. It's like NASCAR for the locals, but an even bigger deal because they know all the drivers and all the sponsors on the cars are local businesses they pass by every day. That's why I love dirt track. Not only are the cars awesome but the atmosphere is truly remarkable. It's a bunch of local people getting together doing what they love representing their towns. No wonder it's so popular.
>>
It's kinda boring to me because the guy with the most money and sponsors always wins except for the few times he gets cocky and fucks up. But still it's always the same cars up front.
>>
>>16141316
Mostly. It depends on each individual track and their rulebooks, really. All the cars are built ground-up from aftermarket OEM parts, so there will be differences between each type of car but overall engine rules are similar. Monte Carlos and Camaros are the two most popular.
>>
>>16141717
Not so much with street stocks since it's pretty cheap and there are pretty strict rules on engine mods. That happens more with higher-level classes like modifieds and late models.

At a few tracks you can actually pay a guy to buy his engine off of him for like $100 and you give him your engine. This prevents people from dumping tons of money into an engine. Of course, you could always refuse but that means you give up your position. You can also "protest" (for another sum of money), which means that the staff will check the engine to make sure they weren't cheating. Personally, I don't like this system and most people don't so most tracks don't use it. Instead, they just use a strict rulebook designed to keep cars competitive and costs low. As they should.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.