[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MSF class thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

I'm taking the MSF course next weekend. What can you tell me about the course and what to expect?

Any suggestions?
>>
>>16140911
nah
>>
Google it you lazy fuck.
>>
Just remember the basics of CQC
>>
File: 022-023_akira (2).jpg (1MB, 2248x1585px) Image search: [Google]
022-023_akira (2).jpg
1MB, 2248x1585px
listen to gamelan to go faster
>>
>>16141033
Gamelan is fucking awesome
>>
Just b yourself
>>
expect to put your foot down
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (44KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
44KB, 1280x720px
>>16141010
>snake, try to remember some of the basics of twist of the wrist
>>
>>16140911
don't drop the bike
shit is easy
>>
>>16140911
It's easy as hell.

Fun fact for you guys. I had about 10~ people in my MSF course. Two women, one black male, and rest white males.

The two women and black male all dropped their bikes.

One woman failed and the other black male failed as well. By some miracle the other woman passed.

Now, I am not necessarily trying to imply anything. Just an observation.
>>
I did one ~2009 from local HD dealer.

I was totally green/noob. Zero riding experience. It was great. Some 500cc Buell. We never went over 30mph, all in a parking lot. Probably 8 hrs of classroom and 8 hrs of riding.

Some slow tight turns. Good skill progression to build confidence. Light bikes. We had about 1 instructor 'while riding' per 5 people.

I finished the class and took the written test@DMV, then got my m1. Great $300 investment.

My GF is taking one this week, riding part is sat/sun.
>>
File: Skele-ton.jpg (64KB, 658x586px) Image search: [Google]
Skele-ton.jpg
64KB, 658x586px
Remember to not put your footdown unless you REALLY have too and get into the whole feel of the bike.
>>
>>16140911
Try to have fun.
>>
>>16141405
>expect to put your foot down
This. If you have to, you have to.

>>16141624
>Remember to not put your footdown unless you REALLY have to
But mainly this. There will be a lot of low speed manuevers and the bikes will corner better than you might anticipate. Also don't fixate on the ground, look where you intend to go, and work the friction zone while smoothly giving more or less throttle as needed. I nailed "the box" (back-to-back U-Turns in a confined area) first go and the last thing motorized I'd ridden was a little rental scooter during a trip to OC close to ten years ago.

>>16141617
>Good skill progression to build confidence.
Yep. If it goes like my course did the first thing they'll do is walk the bikes in neutral. Then put them in gear to notice the difference. Then it'll be bikes started, flat fleet, and "rocking the bike" feeling out the friction zone. Then walking with the friction zone, and a walking start before raising feet up to the pegs. Plenty of straight-line, "feeling it out" kind of stuff before ever taking a turn with their feet up. The course progresses through these stages at a fair pace but not too fast that confidence can't be built with each step.

I spent about the same amount of money through the local community college. Classes are usually 12 people and 2 coaches but we only had 6 in our class and a single coach. It worked out well with the course being a lot less crowded and not having the pay the extra that it would've costed to explicitly be in a 6 rider class. Same as you I left the class, went to the DMV and had the M added. Damned fun experience, now I just need to get a bike by spring. And best of luck to your girl, I'm sure she'll have fun.

>>16141629
>Try to have fun.
Most of all, this!
>>
thanks for the info. can't wait
>>
>>16140911
Like everyone else has already said, keep your head up (don't be looking down at the ground, look where you want to go), try not to put your foot down unless you absolutely have to and don't be afraid to ask questions.

Relax and enjoy yourself.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.