[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which one does /o/ prefer and why (pro/cons) ?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: Picture-144.png (555KB, 1095x423px) Image search: [Google]
Picture-144.png
555KB, 1095x423px
Which one does /o/ prefer and why (pro/cons) ?
>>
File: scatpack3.jpg (105KB, 904x863px) Image search: [Google]
scatpack3.jpg
105KB, 904x863px
V8 because

>dat sound
>dat low end torque
>>
>>16139527
There is no V8 in the picture you mongoloid
>>
>>16139532
Happy now?
>>
>>16139532
Maybe that's their point?
>>
>>16139527
You turbonigger. The 2 choices are clearly stated
>>
>>16139534
Still not in the picture.

See>>16139524
Enlarge it if needs be.
>>
>>16139524
For simplicities sake, let's say I stick to American made engines:

If we compare say a turbo 2.0 vs. a 3.6 v6 (like the engines cadillac make) i'd take the v6. Drove both, and the power delivery is much smoother in the v6. The 2.0t is pretty jerky when you're having fun.

Other reason is as much as turbo's are reliable nowadays, a 2.0t boosted to make the same power as your average 3.6 v6 (305hp from GM, for example, or 300-305 from Ford, depending on car) implies some lag and less reliability.
For example, the ATS v6 is the most reliable car from Cadillac, but their ATS 2.0T is their least reliable model. Everything is the same apart from the engine.

In keeping with Ford or GM and stock for stock, the 2.0T from GM makes 250-275hp depending on car, and same goes for Ford. Their V6 engines simply make more power.

I'm aware that some manufacturer's make more powerful turbo 4 engines (ex: 350hp focus RS, or 305hp Subaru WRX STI) but these are rarer cars and performance oriented. The Fusion, ATS, Malibu, MKS are not but a lot more are on the road. So take what I say with a grain of salt.

So personally, I prefer the v6. They are heavier, but they make more power that makes up for it. What I really like from them is the smoothness and what I perceive to be better reliability.

Of course, all of these cars (with those combination of engines ei: 305hp sti, ats caddy, 2.0t fusion, 2.0t malibu, focus RS) that I have mentioned have not been on the road for more than 5 or so years, so we have yet to see.

I have a feeling what I say is also true for japanese models, but I don't know and so I cannot be sure.
>>
>>16141209
tl;dr v6 is smoother, more reliable and extra power makes up for extra weight
>>
>>16139524
I'm more of a V6 guy. Put it in the right chassis and you've got yourself bliss. To get the same out of a V8 requires so much more money, I don't think it's worth it, most of the time.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.