[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is the entire process of buying a used car so shitty? >ads

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: average car salesman.jpg (74KB, 634x402px) Image search: [Google]
average car salesman.jpg
74KB, 634x402px
Why is the entire process of buying a used car so shitty?
>ads full of blatant lies
>pictures taken with a potato to hide shit bodywork
>can't test drive unless you promise to buy the car
>not even interested if you pay in cash, just want to sell finance deals

>try a private seller
>car is more expensive and in even worse condition
>>
File: Great_Emu_War.png (23KB, 605x342px) Image search: [Google]
Great_Emu_War.png
23KB, 605x342px
Lol I had this with all my used cars that's like10/10 cars although my latest one only needed suspension work and two sensors maf bypass and knock

There's a reason used cars are cheap mate luckily I didn't get stung too bad.

Ausfag here Gumtree is cheaper and just as unreliable as carsales same goes for eBay and Facebook.

Basically if the owner is a retard forgettaboutid
>>
Buying a cheap used car is like fishing in the garbage for a good hamburger. There's a lot of awful shit, but when you get it and fix it up a little, it's worth it.
>>
>found cheap, low mileage 09 Challenger RT
>call first thing in the morning, tell them I'll come in later in the day
>salesman confirms that car will be ready to test drive
>light rain, car is in showroom
>ask to test drive, manager says no because they'll have to clean it and put it back in the showroom

I mean, I do look young and they might not be taking me seriously but the manager was basically trying to sell me the car with a 30 day money back guarantee as some sort of compromise. I'm conflicted about giving this dealership my business even the car is near mint with less than 5000 miles.
>>
>>16139590
Did you wave money in front of them?
>Buying from a stealership
>>
File: Edgy McShotgun.jpg (3KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
Edgy McShotgun.jpg
3KB, 125x125px
>>16139516
>tfw miss LPG
I misclicked on this thread, thinking it was more tales from the dealership. Bummer.
>>
>>16139516
You really have to be careful with finance deal fine print that penalize you for paying off early.
>>
>>16139516
The key is to buy from rich old people who basically got it maintained at a stealership.
I havent had a single problem with a used car like this
>>
>>16139847
There's supposed to be the big book of stuff too vulgar or specific to tell that's yet to come. I just wish I could find an archive of pre-2014 /o/ for more of his stories.
>>
>>16139516
>ads full of blatant lies
Go to actual dealerships, not shady-ass used car lots.
>pictures taken with a potato to hide shit bodywork
See above
>can't test drive unless you promise to buy the car
See above (most dealerships at most will just want to scan your license beforehand)
See above

I've bought 5 used cars from dealerships and test-driven over 20 and only ran into this issue once with a C5 Vette at some -REALLY- sketchy shithole that I wasn't planning on buying from anyway.
>>
>>16140345
>this issue
As in not letting me test drive until I put money down.
>>
>>16140347
Man, what fucking dealerships are you going to? I've worked at a number of dealerships and not a single one had that policy. How the fuck are you gonna get someone to buy a car if they don't test drive it?
>>
>>16140357
Again, it was some shithole and it was an isolated event. I just wanted to test drive a C5 while I was cross shopping cars and that had the closest one. As I said in the post this was an isolated event, anyway.
>>
>>16140327
On my old phone. Wish I had the pdf
>>
>won't let you test drive unless you promise to buy the car

Tell them to fuck off if they ask for any sort of commitment, its a TEST drive.
>>
>>16140400
No, that one is just a collection of stories already posted, isn't it?
>>
>>16139847
What happened to lpg?
>>
Why not shop for CPO?
>>
>>16140819
Got a new job
>>
>>16140863
Did he finally graduate from uni?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.