/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So what does /o/ think about Hyundai? I bought an 03 Sonata GLS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 21159763.jpg (82KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
21159763.jpg
82KB, 1024x768px
So what does /o/ think about Hyundai? I bought an 03 Sonata GLS with the 2.7 V6, 150k miles for $1100. Has service records and lots of new parts.

Pic related. Mine looks just like this. Same colour, minus the alloy wheels. (Steelies with hubcaps)
>>
>>16136185
y tho? did you only have 1100 to spend?
>>
>>16136185
New and untrusted.

Badge looks like shit and the cars look like the badge and they're driven by people who can't drive.

Maybe in 10-20 years they'll end up like jap cars.
>>
I had one. The engine went to shit on me before 160k. Was an 02 with the 4cyl. This model was before Hyundai tried to get their shit together. Yes they're built with a decent mitsubishi motor, but things will break, and they will break often.
>>
>>16136188

I needed a more economic car, and this was right in the budget I had. Every other car was a "won't pass emissions" or "Rebuilt / salvage title" and this one has clean title, passed emissions and runs good.
>>
>>16136200

I was wondering who did the motor in these cars. Seems like an OK motor, looks like it would be a bitch to do the rear 3 spark plugs and cables (Thankfully already done according to the records I got)

It was owned by some Asians before me, and judging by how they drive in this state (Georgia) it's hard to tell if it was driven hard, put up wet, or driven softly and taken care of like a newborn baby.

It has service records, it sounds nice and tight... drives great, but at 154k miles I am not sure how much time it has.
>>
>>16136216
things went wrong like clockwork on mine. Things are also fairly hard to get to. For example you will have to remove the front passenger side tire and maneauver passes ac lines to get to the alternator.
>>
My dad had that exact car after Daewoo Espero. For some reason he just hated it, he hated it so much (and he was completely content with the Espero) he just worked his ass off in a year, sold it and bought low-trim BMw (320). I never asked him why.
>>
>>16136365

I see. This one has a new timing belt, Radiator, plugs and wires, New A/C compressor, 2 Transmission flushes (Dumb dumb thing to do, but it wasn't me) relatively new headlight housings and xenon bulbs (In projectors, so do right) great tires.

Only thing I've noticed is the brake rotors are warped, extremely difficult to fill up because of an evap problem, and sometimes theres a pop from the front end while turning (Passenger side) doesn't seem like anything is loose or coming apart.

So who knows. I may work my ass off and get rid of it.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.