[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Whats the point of a "sports" mode?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_20161106_211429.jpg (129KB, 1303x975px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161106_211429.jpg
129KB, 1303x975px
Whats the point of a "sports" mode?
>>
Makes it louder and harsher so it feels faster.
>>
>>16129780
To open the throttle wider with smaller movement on the pedal in an attempt to make the car feel "more responsive"
>>
Shifts at higher RPMs i.e. exchanges fuel economy for faster acceleration
>>
>>16129780
On most cars it open the valves in the exhaust so you get better flow.
It hardens the suspension so you get less bodyroll while cornering hard making the car feel planted so you push it harder.
The traction control backs off and in some cases it shuts down.
Makes the throttle sharper.
In cars with electronic steering it fucks with it so you don't have to turn the wheel 720 degrees in order to get full lock.
>>
>>16129780
As it turns out after testing sportsmode vs normal mode laptimes, it's a placebo.

It's like the "turbo" button on old pc's. Makes everything slower and more annoying.
>>
File: ekokeoeok.jpg (95KB, 459x423px) Image search: [Google]
ekokeoeok.jpg
95KB, 459x423px
>>16129780

I like ur cat.
>>
>>16129850
>all transmissions are the same
>>
>>16129814
>>16129867
Thank you for reminding me. I always forget.
In cars that are not manuel will make the gearchange faster.
>>
>>16129875
No I'm saying that such a broad generlization may be relevant for your car or bus but depending on the transmission sport mode could be smoke and mirrors or turn on an active aero.
Grow up.
>>
>>16129987
>depending on the transmission sport mode could turn on active aero

What the fuck does the transmission has to do with the aero?
>>
File: Screenshot (370).png (412KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (370).png
412KB, 1920x1080px
>>16130004
One of the mercedes had configurable "sport" mode which allowed you to control a lot of things through the transmission. Say you wanted one for better MPG, you could configure it to make the gears longer, the suspension sit a bit higher, and activate/deactivate the aero, and it would do all of that when you swapped into one of the (I think there were 4 that you could configure, or maybe 2 stock options and 2 configurable) gears it would make those changes to the car on the fly.

It's silly and more work than it's worth imo, but the transmission makes all the difference between the "sport" mode on it.
according to leddit BMW's also have it, tho I don't believe it's configurable.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.