[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ride Quality and Wheels

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

I'm ordering a Range Rover Sport SVR. There is an option for 21" or 22" wheels.

When I select 22" it says "Please note if 22" wheels are fitted ride and road noise will be degraded on some coarser road surfaces, conversely steering and handling will be slightly improved on faster roads."

Do you think there will be a huge difference in ride quality? What about handling in the rain?
>>
>>16129634
Get the 21s unless youre a nigger. Youre not gonna track the thing, they will be better in every way. The dubs would look dope af cruising the hood though, until you park it and Trayquan steals them.
>>
>>16129677
Problem with the 21s is they don't come in black. I don't really want to paint them aftermarket. The car I'm getting is pearl matte white.

Yes, I won't track it. Just drive to work, go to dinner, and buy groceries.

>The dubs would look dope af cruising the hood though, until you park it and Trayquan steals them.
Well the 22s seem to just fill the rather large body out better. It's such a big vehicle that they don't really look dubs tier. They look, about right. My current Sport has 20s and they look too small, especially when it is parked and the truck lowers itself.
>>
>>16129677
>>16129707
This is what the 22" look like. Mine would be black. (car is pearl white satin/matte)
>>
File: maxresdefault (2).jpg (275KB, 2000x1159px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (2).jpg
275KB, 2000x1159px
..in black
>>
>>16129707
>>16129713
>>16129717

See >>16129677
>>
>>16129755
Haha okay thanks.
>>
Looks like someone in section 8 won a big scratcher ticket.
>>
get the 22s. they are only 1" bigger than the 21s, look more in proportion, you can get the black you want, and i doubt 1" will make much a difference for street driving.
>>
>>16129634
Go 17 with thicc sidewalls for max bump reduction. Don't you want to be comfy, anon?

I don't know where the giant wheels meme came from but having less rubber and more metal indeed makes for a harsher ride.
>>
>>16130098
Smallest I can get is 21"

How much of a difference is 21 to 22"?

I test drove one and it didn't really seem that much different than my supercharged when in normal mode. In Dynamic mode it seemed stiffer.

> Don't you want to be comfy, anon?
Yeah. :o) I want black wheels from the factory tho too.. Leaning toward getting 21s and just painting them though if you guys really think going from a 21 to a 22 will make a huge difference.
>>
>>16129634
Bread on bank statement faggot
>>
I would go with the 22s for no other reason of having more of a selection of tires when the time came. 21s are kind of an odd ball size and don't have as much of a selection as you do with 22s. Personally I think both sizes are a little too big as 20in would be the largest i would go if you could have any choice in rim size.
>>
>ride quality and wheels

Your first and only commandment shall be: BURN FUCKIN RUNFLAT TIRES
>>
>>16130469
22 is fine.

As >>16130552 says, it will be easier to find tires, and to be honest, anything above 16 inch rims has poor ride quality. I doubt 21 to 22 will even be noticeable, honestly.
>>
>>16130552
>>16130593
Thanks.

>>16130562
Yeah I never went for those. I get some screws in my tires where I live sometimes, but, just call roadside assistance and have them pick it up on a flatbed. Hopefully any flats will be slow leaks and something I notice at home or on the TPMS.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.