[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wondering about my car

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 2010_Hyundai_Accent.jpg (381KB, 2244x1276px) Image search: [Google]
2010_Hyundai_Accent.jpg
381KB, 2244x1276px
Full disclaimer, I'm not a car guy which is why I'm asking you guys should you want to answer a question or two.

Anyway, I've got a 2009 Hyundai Accent (yes yes I know, even without my expertise I can already feel the keyboards angrily typing) that, by all accounts, is running remarkably well despite what it's been through. I try to keep it well maintained despite everything with oil changes and the like, but as of right now it's at 188000 on the odometer and every time I bring it in to my mechanic he treats the thing like it's a miracle it's still running.

In the past year I've had to replace all 4 ignition coils, some because they went out and the rest I did pre-emptively after that happened, and probably most miraculously according to everyone I tell this to my belt broke in the middle of a mostly empty highway and I was able to get it fixed without needing to replace anything else in the engine block. If my mechanic right in how lucky I've been with this car or can you keep just about any car well maintained and have it do well for you?

Image isn't the right year I don't think but my car looks a lot like it if that helps.
>>
180k is quite a bit on an econo korean import. Im not surprised its still running, but its going to be harder from here out

At this point in it's life, all you can really do is good maintenance and hope something major doesn't fail.
>>
>>16128592
Fair enough. I have to say there is one issue with it that's been plaguing me the past 9 months or so, the check engine light has been giving a false flag saying that the Catalytic converter is messing up in some way, but I've had it looked at like 3 times and every test it's been put through has come through clean. The light also seems to come and go with no clear reasons why, and at this point I've just gotten used to ignoring it, as bad as that may sound.

I figure it's some kind of issue with the wiring to the motherboard that analyses whatever issues are present in the car, as this thing has had a few other issues in the past that dealt with the wiring. Makes me wonder if that's just an issue with the car as a whole.
>>
OP, I own the exact car in your pic. i have 173,000 on the clock and I just change the oil. Did the timing belt at 144,000 preemptively, spark plugs at 165,000. Hyundai gets a bad rap, but I'll tell your from experience this car is a tank. Mine is a 5-speed manual, and I typically drive it full DAGUMI if possible. No issues whatsoever. If you take care of it, it'll take car of you. Can't speak for all Hyundais but this is one of the best cars I've owned, for what it is.
>>
>>16128645
I try to take care of it as much as possible but I rack up a lot of miles quickly with my job so sometimes that "pre-emptively" turns into a "too late" before I even realize it. I still can't believe I got away with the belt breaking mid-drive pretty much unscathed though, like I said pretty much everyone I tell that to says I'm super lucky it didn't kill my engine block.
>>
Ive had several cars including my current DD make it past 215k miles.

One thing to remember though is that small things will start popping up for awhile.
A month ago my leafspring cracked so got both replaced.
Last week my alternator went out.
Today a small plastic piece that holds the quarter window shut broke.

All age related.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.