[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Vinyl wrap removal

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

File: image.jpg (2MB, 2048x1024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 2048x1024px
So I just bought a 94 Supra for an absolute bargain. Everything about it is 9/10 or higher, except one thing. It has a god awful itasha style wrap on it. I do have pictures from when it was being wrapped so I know it's not a mess underneath.

Anyway, I have zero experience with full body wraps, can I remove it myself without fucking the paint underneath? Or am I gonna have to get someone to take it off professionally. And just for reference, what's a wrap cost? Just interested how much money was pissed away on something stupid.

Pic semi related, don't have pics of car on my phone
>>
you seriously spent that long making that low quality of a bait post?
here's your reply, now fuck off.
>>
File: 30638137975_f7dae84f3d_k.jpg (744KB, 2048x1253px) Image search: [Google]
30638137975_f7dae84f3d_k.jpg
744KB, 2048x1253px
>>16127996
a nice professional wrap is like $700 and when done right can look very good. Protect paint for like 6-7 years max and protect against keying (except vs very sharp knife)

to remove it you just get to the edge and pull.... that's the whole point of the wrap, the paint underneath will be as new except if it was rusted before the wrap.
Bring a friend and go to a car wash to apply water pressure if you don't lift.
>>
>>16127996
Why would you want to remove the Itasha wrap?
>>
>>16127996

(((((((((((((((You)))))))))))))))
>>
>>16128684
>advertising your power level to the world
>making a nice car look like shit
>maybe he just doesn't like that anime
>>
>>16127996
I work with that shit all the time, you wont hurt your car at all by removing it. You might scratch your paint if you scrape at it though so dont be retarded and you will be fine. If it leaves a sticky mess behind use alcohol to clean it off.

pro tip: if you leave your car out in the sun you can peel that shit off easier
>>
>>16127996
Pic please
I can't find an supra ruined like you described
>>
>>16127996
We would require more details about the wrap. Mainly who the girl is you're looking to remove and throw in the trash. This way we can be highly judgmental of your taste, and (You) you properly.
>>
File: 2459 もんば 1.jpg (258KB, 1600x896px) Image search: [Google]
2459 もんば 1.jpg
258KB, 1600x896px
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 2476x1857px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 2476x1857px
>>
>>16128706
>making a nice car look like shit

this is bigger bait than op

Mk IVs are ugly
>>
>>16129655
I would drive the shit out of that
>>
Peel gently, and use a heat gun to heat that shit up while you are removing it. Not too much heat, or you will heat the vinyl too much and it will tear as you pull on it.

Wraps are for poor and/or stupid people. Good call on removing it.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.