[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Need Help deciding on new(ish) car

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

Currently driving a 2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8s. The car is great and has been running strong for 135,000 miles. Little heres and theres like the power locks breaking, windows failing, dents in the panels, breaking interior, some mechanical problems, etc... I'm thinking it's time for a new car. I've narrowed it down to 6 specific models that I'm looking at:

- 2013-2015 Honda Accord V6 (can't stand CVTs)

- 2012-2015 Civic Si

- 2013 Volkswagen Jetta GLI

- 2013-2015 Volkswagen Golf GTI

- 2015 Volkswagen Passat SE/SEL

- 2013-2015 Hyundai Sonata 2.0T (although they're hard to find in my area)

I'm looking basically for a car that has nice interior, good stereo (or good upgradeability in that department/double DIN stereo), no CVTs, nothing too slow (under 7 seconds 0-60), 25+ MPG, spacious back seats in case I get some fat bitches in my car, low maintenance costs, and most importantly under $17,000.

If anyone could provide suggestions, that'd be awesome. How are these 6 cars? Any other cars I should consider?

Pic related, my current car
>>
>>16127336
Keep the sentra. It was made just before nissan took a turn for the worst. Fix it when it breaks and save your money for something else and not another boring ass econobox.
>>
>>16127336
Mazda 3
>>16127365
Nissan was never good
>>
>>16127365
This is why I'm looking for a fun car to drive. My sentra is an awesome car, and I agree that Nissan turned to shit right after this model, but I'm beginning to have problems with this car, and it's becoming pretty inconvenient. My tie rods are going out, there is an oil leak somewhere, transmission chirps, ignition has trouble and sometimes I get stuck in park, along with a slew of many other small issues. I'm looking to trade this car in before I have to buy a new transmission for it. And also I need something more reliable
>>
>>16127404
none of those cars are fun or are shit for other reasons. the car is worth putting a transmission in but it could just need fluid. suspension is a wear item so you shouldn't complain. you could fix at least some of these little problems yourself.
>>
>>16127458
Can you please explain what is wrong with all 6 of those cars?
>>
>>16127483
well the vws are unreliable and the hyundai and accord are boring appliances. civic si makes you look like a vaping boyracer douchebag.

why are you so opposed to putting money into the sentra? it's got low mileage and could go for another 100k+ miles if you put 2k into it.
>>
>>16127568
There are many reasons I want to get rid of the Sentra, but mainly because I need something fresh and reliable as I'll be starting a new job in a few months that essentially requires reliable transportation.

And if not those 6 cars, can you suggest any others? Also, I've heard VW's reliability is much better than it used to be
>>
>>16127597
>muh new job
>muh new car
it's not necessary. i have a decent job and my 3k civic gets me up the mountain every day perfectly fine. you got an emergency fund? what about student loans? buying a house anytime soon? when you have other goals you relize how superfluous new econoboxes are.
>>
>>16127664
Not really asking for life advice, actually, just trying to figure out which of those 6 cars is the best option, or other similar cars. I'd rather not be driving and maintaining an 11-year-old shitbox
>>
>>16127915
Nigger
>>16127370
>>
>>16127921
Don't call me a nigger you cum snail
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.