[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is 10 feet (3m) of garage width enough for a Ram truck?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: garage-general30.jpg (17KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
garage-general30.jpg
17KB, 300x225px
Is 10 feet (3m) of garage width enough for a Ram truck?
>>
Are you supposed to be able to open the doors on both sides inside a garage?
>>
>>16126503
Oh boy.

Tell ya what.

Look up the specs for your truck
Measure the garage

Dont be a fucking moron and use your brain
>>
>>16126509
>implying you can find width specs for cars with doors open
>>
>>16126517

This has surprisingly been a problem for my dad as he's gone around to look at new cars.

It's very inconsistent whether a manufacturer lists the total width of a car, including the wing mirrors, in their specs. He's had to go around and physically measure the wing mirrors to determine whether cars will fit into his garage door openings.

His Explorer doesn't fit. His CR-Z does, but opening the doors isn't much fun because 2-door cars open much wider than their 4-door brothers.

My Impreza AND Outback both fit perfectly when I was visiting, so haters gonna hate I guess.
>>
>>16126554
Finding reliable dimensions is a chore.

Just now I found two different sources using the same width including and excluding the mirrors.

It's fucking bullshit.
>>
Nobody with a truck and a garage?
>>
Standard width of a road lane is 9ft. I imagine a full size truck is like 7.5feet or so. This like a condo garage or something? There's a guy that manages an Escalade in one so I would say it's possible but not ideal.
>>
>>16126571

Grab a tape measure
Go to a dealership
Measure truck
????

Fucking really?
>>
>>16128796
Let me guess,
>... and look the dealer in the eye while you give him a firm handshake

Fucking boomers, man.
>>
>>16126503
>Is 10 feet (3m) of garage width enough for a Ram truck?
Probably not if you have a passenger that wants to use their passenger door too. You'll have to install door ding foam on those shelves so that your car doors don't get dented up.

Anyways, you can easily measure the width of the specific year's RAM model at the dealer. Vehicles differ in size year to year. Measure the length of the door. Simple trigonometry tells you how far that door swings out. You need to open that door about 60 degrees (probably more for most people) to get in or out, so use that angle for your estimate. The length of that door plus the angle will then yield the length of the line perpendicular to the body of the vehicle that the door sticks out when you open it to 60 degrees. That will then be the minimum width of the garage necessary assuming that the RAM is parked with zero inches mirror clearance for the passenger side (not likely as a foot clearance is needed for wheel fenders plus driver error).

Right now in my mind I don't think that RAM will fit.
>>
no that's not enough
>>
File: 1477364298111.jpg (88KB, 509x337px) Image search: [Google]
1477364298111.jpg
88KB, 509x337px
>tfw rent a garage for new van and the van is too tall to fit
>>
>>16128796
While you're at it measure the ground clearance and stroke the salesman cock
>>
10 feet is enough for the truck plus one side's doors wide open. If you park in the center, both doors will open enough to get out but will hit the walls.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.