/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Oil Change?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: 1476081358796.jpg (38KB, 512x288px) Image search: [Google]
1476081358796.jpg
38KB, 512x288px
hey yall, need to know what kind of oil goes in this baby
heres a vid showing the engine (not the one in my car)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDifEPY-j8I
>>
Olive or soy. Either is fine.
>>
well i mean like, 15w30 or....
>>
>>16123613
Olive is fine up to 75w100. That's pretty solid for this engine.
>>
>>16123613
>>16123596

You don't use oil this time of year, you use antifreeze so it prevents your engine from cracking due to the rapid temperature change of cold and then hot.
>>
sooo...virgin olive oil or???
>>
>>16123596
Don't forget to walk your crank a little bit too after the oil change.
>>
oh or maybe engine oil? what kind of engine oil would be better than vegetable oil?
>>
>>16123596
Shell Rotella T 15w40 should be good, that or Delo 400.
>>
>>16123626
It's all a scam by BP.
>>
that feel when being trolled so much makes me suspicious of serious posts...
>>
>>16123630
Well, because the answer is so simple, there's no need to post it.
>>
>>16123630

Don't listen to these fucking idiots trying to wreck your engine.

Like that anon said, use antifreeze in this season.
>>
>>16123630
/o/ is the most serious board on 4chan.

A lot of people think /k/ is but they're all small penis.
>>
well its just that im not to car fluent, and i havent had luck finding the answer anywhere else, im pretty sure i shouldnt use 5w30 like i do in my honda civic, and this will be my first oil change in this car, just want to be sure is all
>>
File: T_1478427097524.jpg (46KB, 512x288px) Image search: [Google]
T_1478427097524.jpg
46KB, 512x288px
>>16123596
You should also adjust your throttle for the winter, it should be in the general area of the red circle. Just find the thing that moves when you rev the engine and unwrap the cable from around it so it moves all the way in the opposite direction from where it is when the car is off.

Then you're ready to go until spring.
>>
>>16123645
>well its just that im not to car fluent

The very first thing, always, to look at is your car's manual.
>>
its an engine swap so the manual doesnt match engine :(
>>
>manages engine swap
>doesn't know what oil

How even?
>>
nah bruh, needed a new car, and fast, saw this, drove to another city to check it out, found out it has all this in it, bought it because i had gone so far already, love it, and want to learn it and take care of it
>>
5w50
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.