[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Ford QC

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: badshit.jpg (81KB, 1472x1104px) Image search: [Google]
badshit.jpg
81KB, 1472x1104px
>Ford QC
>>
>>16121547
what did you expect its an american (mexicrap) made ford
>>
>>16121547
>1000yo car
How do we know that didn't start from a chip in the paint?
>>
>>16121591
Because when ford makes these aluminum hoods, iron flakes will contaminate the hood. Then they don't do anything to get rid of them and paint over them. Then those flakes rust, which causes the paint to bubble, which then causes it to flake, and then the aluminum corrodes
>>
>>16121604
Is funny because Ford used to be able to paint aluminum fine in the 80's and 90's. Sometime in the 2000's though they completely forgot. So many Explorer, Expeditions and Mustangs with corroded as fuck hoods and tailgates
>>
Okay I hate to support an anti Ford thread because I do love my mustang, but my 2014 GT has the exact same thing in the same spot over both headlights.
>>
>>16122139
OP here, I love my mustang too. 07, 65K miles.

So far I have had
>E brake line snapped, twice
>Door panel vinyl trim adhesive failure, both doors
>Paint bubbles on the hood
>>
>>16121547
My moms ford taurus x has the same shiy on the leading edge of the hood
>>
Oh God lol. Mine had the same exact damage. I did DD it 62 miles a day 95 percent highway though.

>>16122166
>06 GT
>Liner fell off lol

That pretty much it.
>>
>>16121547
Well known problem on a few models.

Easiest fix, on a Mustang at least, is to just get an aftermarket hood. Many have paid to have their aluminum hoods repainted, only to find the problem reappears over time...
>>
>>16122290
This. I bought a 2.5 inch kaenen hood. Don't have the problem anymore >>16122279
>>
>>16122306
My Mustang hood is starting to bubble on the underside, mainly around the latch and a few other areas. Once it appears on the outer surface, will probably do the same. Maybe carbon fiber...
>>
Wonder how well Ford's aluminum bodied trucks will hold up over time...
>>
The crazy part is Ford had this problem all the way back into the early 90s. They had panels made in different places so they would get shipped to the factory in primer then painted, but since they sat in primer for weeks there was no chemical adhesion and the paint would just fall off eventually. Give them another 30 years they might figure it out.
>>
>>16122290
Yeah that's probably what I'm gonna do.
>>
>>16122166
I haven't had anything else break or go wrong on mine yet. I bought it earlier this year as the 2nd owner with 13k miles on it. I've run it up to 27k miles now and the only strange thing I've noticed is that when idling at stop lights about every 30-45 seconds the engine rpm will drop to 500 for a second, the engine shudders like it wants to die, then the rpm rises and smooths out again. I've cleaned the throttle body and air flow sensor but it didn't make a difference.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.