[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

LEXUS DRIVERS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: Lexus-Logo-Wallpaper-2016.png (466KB, 2200x1100px) Image search: [Google]
Lexus-Logo-Wallpaper-2016.png
466KB, 2200x1100px
hey guys; looking to get a used Lexus LS

I'm torn between a LS430 and a LS460

the 430 would be 05-06 and a LS 460 would be an 07-08

They're pretty close in price. If i GO with a 430, I'll have a little more bells and whistles and have to replace timing belt. looks like the 460s have a timing CHAIN that is supposed to last as long as the engine...

Advice PLEASE
>>
File: 20160819_075953.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20160819_075953.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
Ay Yo Git Dat Fo Chitty

I got a Tree Fiddy
>>
Just get a corolla.
>>
very helpful
>>
>>16119936
>Not getting the superior LS400

Get a 1998-2000
>>
>>16119936
Find a 430 with recent timing belt change and everything else for the 90k mile service. You won't regret it.
>>
>>16119936
I'd go with the 430. Conjecture on forums say the 430 was better built than the 460. The chain on the 460 isn't a problem if you find one that had frequent oil changes. If you have no maintenance records avoid it.
>>
>>16120855
OP here, I have a 96 ls400
selling cuz things keep going wrong with it. I've spent about $3k in the past year and it still won't start half the time...

it's unreliable.

>>16121178
im loooking at an ultra 2005 ls400
had 90k service. in fact I found 45 service records on lexusdrivers.com

it has 135k miles on it though; is that a safe bet?

>>16121227
I think I read that too; just seems like such a newer car for almost the same && and the timing belt thing is always a dark cloud hovering.

Thanks for the input br/o/thers
>>
>>16122218
it's not really a problem. Buy a car with less than 80k miles and change the belt, or buy a car over 80k that has definitely had it done.
>>
my '06 base LS430 is sitting at 126k with zero issues so far. go for it op.
>>
Owned a 92 ls400
Great platform but car was wrecked before and kept shooting my driver's side wheel off, even after replacing all of the suspension components. Had close to 300k on it and the motor ran like a top
Sold it to a buddy and he threw an old Cummins turbo on it and it held 18psi great but sold it cause of the wheel issue. The old ones have thicker rods that hold 600hp easily, and if you don't change your dif fluid for a while they turn into an LSD which is pretty cool
>>
Didn't we already do this thread last week?

I have an 05 LS430. Thinking of giving it to my wife and getting a 09-10 LS460.

I think that you should look for a mint 430 and just budget for a timing belt at the right time. It's not a huge job, but don't cheap out on it either. I see a lot of 430's still selling with 50-80k miles on them with records doe $13-16k. A lot of long time Ls owners preferred the 430 to the 460 except for a slight edge in navigation tech or other reasons to keep newer cars. There are some guys on the lexus forums that even went back to 430's after 460's.
>>
>>16122218
Even timing vhains can have chain guide replacement intervals,

If you look at the lex forums, very rare to see anyone even having a t belt failure. Mechanics report opening cars way past their t belt interval with very little to zero wear on the prior belt.

Quit being a homo and buy an Ls. It's the right time to get into one.
>>
>>16122474
toyota dealership will do a belt/water pump/tensioners on an LS430 for like $800ish too, it's not too expensive. they're familiar enough working on the UZ's in toyota trucks so it's a simple job for them.
>>
I want an LS so bad. Currently I have a Veloster. I'm 28 but feel like I'm 16 riding around in it. Suspension is too stiff and it looks childish.

But my credit is bad so I couldn't finance a used car. I'm thinking 2 years from now I can trade it in for a nice LS 460. I can hardly wait.

Thanks for reading.
/blog
>>
Where is the LS F with the LFA V10 engine?
>>
>>16122218
People will tell you to run from the ultra due to the shocks but if the car was regularly maintained its nothing to worry about. And you an always swap to coils later.

135k is just a hair over the break in period on these cars, it will have plenty of life left.
>>
>>16123718
what about one with 190k miles? :O

its way cheaper and gorgeous

however 190k...

Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.