[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Got into my first ever accident today /o/ >stop and go traffic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: 4.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
4.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
Got into my first ever accident today /o/

>stop and go traffic jam on junction
>lady in mid-2000s ford escape rolls into my rear end at max 5 mph
>get out and check for damage
>literally nothing
>wipe away some dirt to see for sure
>nothing
>lady seems terrified as she is obviously struggling financially already with a shit box and poor dress
>her escape doesn't shift gears right or something, since she could barely reverse to check for damage, and her brakes are shit or something too
>no visible damage
>first time ever in this situation
>knew calling the cops would be a bad idea because traffic jam and no damage
>after a few minutes of examining the bumper and talking, tell her to just be careful and say goodbye
>right after traffic jam starts to clear up and we go along our merry ways

Now I'm just wondering if I made the wrong choice. There is nothing wrong with my car, stopped when I got off the nearest exit just to make sure. Even checked brake lights and such. Not even a scratch or dent, but I contribute that to the front bumper of a ford escape, literal plastic. I'm honestly grateful there was not a dent or scratch since I've had my car for over 2 years now and it still looks the same as day one and I take a lot of pride in keeping my car presentable. But I should be okay though, right /o/? Please.

Pic is not from today
>>
>>16104274
The chick you rear ended might claim something off you. In a few months you might see a letter from her lawyers demanding compensation for "injury" you caused her on that day.
>>
>>16104287
I didn't rear end her. She rear ended me.
>>
Always at least file a police report. It sets a record of the incident and helps your insurance defend you if it ever comes to that.
>>
>>16104302
Got proof?
>>
>>16104302
She hit you and you took off. That's a hit and run on your part and now she has an injury. Pay up! It's as easy as that.
>>
File: WMdTz5f.jpg (926KB, 2938x2143px) Image search: [Google]
WMdTz5f.jpg
926KB, 2938x2143px
>>16104307
Thought about it but that would probably mean an insurance claim and I don't want to file a claim for something minor like this. That could make my rates go up and I don't want any kind of past history with my insurance over a minor incident like this. I'm more worried about if there could be unknown damage.

Also, something like this could happen in a parking lot and you would never know. That's what kind of situation this is.

>>16104311
Yes, my front bumper is not damaged. And it was in a traffic jam at the height of rush hour with 200 cars parked behind us. I'm not really worried about her falsely reporting it.

>>16104315
I didn't take off. We got out and assessed the situation and she was grateful I was not willing to report it.
>>
>>16104274
Nah you're fine. If there had been the slightest possibility of a problem I'd have had it checked but I got hit a lot harder in my pickup and I'd just straightened the bed two days before. Luckily that made it easy to check nothing got moved even though the guys bumper got cracked.
>>
>>16104389
Thanks man. I read and heard a little about people being slightly bumped and it causing major problems so I just want to know if those are just myths or are actually common. Not even a scratch on my car and this is the first time I've gotten in any sort of accident
>>
>tfw on 3 accidents this year
>tfw 2 of them definitely wasn't my fault
>the other one I am going through insurance with as the car got totaled
>I was on the dotted white give way markings and the other driver cut the corner and hit me
>mfw I have no face when being told by my insurance company that the other driver is alleging that I am at fault
>tfw I know my insurance is going to be fucked come renewal, and they don't know about the first accident i had.
>tfw I had driven said totalled car maybe 15 times in 2 months
>it was the first car that was truly mine

Insurance company decided that they are keeping the rest of the premium paid as there has been a claim on the insurance (apparently telling them to scrap the car is a claim). Cunts.

Its fucking cheaper to not drive with insurance in the UK than to go through this again.
>>
>>16104274
I had a girl rear end me at about 15mph, broke the plastic shock absorber, and scratched the bumper cover. I was heading home from college on break, didnt want to deal with it. Told her i dont really want to do anything about it and assumed she didnt either. We went on our ways. Dont really care since the damage wasnt noticeable and my shitbox has worse damage in other places.
>>
I got bumped like that before. The only damage was from the guy's front plate screws scratching my bumper cover. I got his info and then had my friend fix the scratches for free. I told the guy it cost me 200 bucks to fix it.
>>
>>16105075
>>16105147
This is the car that bumped me, but it was a little older or new, not sure, but the front bumper was straight and it had no front license plate. I think the material the Ford Escape front bumper is made out of helped a lot with not causing any damage. But I was honestly surprised there wasn't a big dent as she rolled into me from idle and I expected to get out and see a smashed in rear bumper but I guess it wasn't that fast, maybe 3 mph at most? If there was a scratch or dent I would have definitely called police but since no damage, and traffic jam, I wanted to get out of the situation as soon as I could.

I hope that she has the opportunity to do the same thing for somebody else in the future too, because after researching this type of thing all day, I see that there is a real possibility for people to make a huge problem out of these scenarios. But my car has literal zero visible damage.
>>
File: 2005-Ford-Escape-1.png (80KB, 624x300px) Image search: [Google]
2005-Ford-Escape-1.png
80KB, 624x300px
>>16105275
accidentally posted my own car
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.