[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Car Repair General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: ge4616381382848068367.jpg (57KB, 555x370px) Image search: [Google]
ge4616381382848068367.jpg
57KB, 555x370px
DIYers and grease monkeys welcome

>04 Mini Cooper recently started over-revving on the expressway
>got off, stopped at a light
>green, start taking off and proceed toi shift into second
>am stopped by what I can only describe as an obstruction in the gearbox
>muster the strength of Thor and proceed to jerk the shit out of it into second
>car makes clunk noise and can no longer provide power to wheels
>drift off to side of road and call daddy AAA
> go home and cry

what does /o/ think it is? I'm guessing something in the tranny or clutch blew, as I checked my shift cables and they seem to be good. The clutch pedal still has hydraulics.
>>
>>16100113
I'm going to guess that the flywheel, clutch or pressure plate has broken. Does the car rev in neutral fine or make weird noises?
>>
>>16100152
Yeah, the car revs just fine, just doesn't get into gear. I popped off the shifter cables and the shifter went loose as I assume it should. I popped them back on and now the gears are all fucked up, meaning there is no semblance of any gears to slot into, it feels like the left half of the shifter is walled.
>>
Bump help me o
>>
Shifter fork broke? Had a similar-ish problem some years ago. Wouldn't get in any gear, stick felt "loose", car could roll but as soon as you released the clutch the engine would stall.
>>
>>16103261
Could be, the car does not go into gear at all and does not drive. Turns, revs, but it feels like the car is not transferring any power through the transmission to the wheels.

Honestly probably safe to say my trans is shot. Maybe synchro?
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.