[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Car Repair General /crg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

File: 32492053.jpg (181KB, 600x409px) Image search: [Google]
32492053.jpg
181KB, 600x409px
Anyone ever retread spark plugs? I know its not a big deal with kit, but just wondering if the doing the work my self is worth the 250$ I'd possibly save.
Spark plug socket is relatively reachable on the top of the engine.
>>
$250 for a spark plug change?

Really depends what car you have. If it's a rwd. Really easy to do yourself, fwd v6 and v8 are the worst. What d you have?
>>
>>16099183
04 ford mustang V8.
My 3rd cylinders' plug blew. My buddy managed somehow to screw it in and told me to change all 8. So I did all 7 but that third cylinder's replacement plug just wouldn't screw in, so I think I have to retread it.
I've seen tutorials of it online, it looks like a pain, and seems like I might fuck up the piston by mistake.
>>
File: IMG_20160910_173645.jpg (1MB, 3072x1728px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160910_173645.jpg
1MB, 3072x1728px
>>16099205
Might be easier to get a new head from pick and pull. I don't know how rethreading works. Common problem with modulars. Use a torque wrench and look up the specs for putting in the plugs next time.
>>
helicoil has a spark plug kit

just do it and quit being a pussy
>>
File: HomerDisgust.jpg (12KB, 259x383px) Image search: [Google]
HomerDisgust.jpg
12KB, 259x383px
>>16099205
dont listen to this retard
>>16099458

you need a timesert kit
if you dont feel comfortablle doing it have your local dealer do it they have kits because this is a common issue

>>>>>replacing your head when you can do a simple durable fix

fucking retards I swear.
>>
>>16099836
What they said. The Ford 4.6 head is stupid difficult to replace and if you want an even cheaper fix, use a heli coil and Loctite red. I've got an 05 Mountaineer that this happened to, and it's been running like that since May with no issue. Make sure you change your ignition coil too, since when your plug blew out it probably blasted the coil off too.
>>
>>16101461
And don't bother with their tools, just thread the heli coil onto the plug, coat the coil (try not to get it on the plug threads itself) in Loctite, and install the plug. Exactly what I did to the Mutineer, and it's held up great, including several trips of over 500 miles and hauling all my possessions in a trailer 2 hours to where I live now.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.