[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Jeep GC 2008

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

File: jgc2008.jpg (1MB, 1817x909px) Image search: [Google]
jgc2008.jpg
1MB, 1817x909px
Hi

i need a bigger car and i've found a Jeep Grand Cherokee driven 95k km priced at 8k dollars.

Hoping anyone here has had past experience with the 2007-08 model who can advise. Frequent repairs needed? How is it on slippery/snowy roads? Specifically, what repairs should i expect to pay extra for since the car is right about 100k mark?
>>
>buying used Jeep
>not XJ, MJ, CJ, TJ or YJ
Dont.
>>
File: truckin.gif (1MB, 298x206px) Image search: [Google]
truckin.gif
1MB, 298x206px
>>16097866
that bad huh? :(
>>
>>16097861
3.7 will not have enough power.
4.7.. well let me tell you about the 4.7
If the engine ever overheats you will need a new one. The rear diff will need rebuilding every 70k to 100k miles.
The heater core will leak if coolant isn't changed regularly. It isn't hard to do, just remove the seats and entire dashboard. If the heater core is going, then the radiator will fail as well, easy fix, just take the bumper off and remove. Might as well replace the water pump while you are there as it will fail.
Suspension will get soggy after 100k, good news it has struts up front.. so you will need to rebuild the front suspension.
On some of the 4.7s they throw rocker arms off. I have one with a failed valve stem seal I need to fix at some point very soon.
Interior is absolute shit.. like late 90s hard plastic hyundai shit.
Sunroof will start to freak out and not close properly.
There is a shit load of other stuff that has gone wrong with the car.
OH yeah, HVAC blend doors, the use plastic gears which strip and go clack clack clack constantly.
The 454rfe transmission is.. bulletproof. Its fine.. fucking fantastic actually.
Don't know much about the 5.7 hemi.

I would not buy a Grand Cherokee. In that price range I would look at a gm with a 5.3, the engine is cheap and simple. the automatic transmission is used in everything from bmws to trucks.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>16097861
It's ok. Only like 60k miles and owned by some old guy before who barely drove it, garaged it, and did everything at the dealer.

>>16097959
I always thought the 3.7 was great, especially compared to the old 4.0 I6 they used forever. When you were going up a mountain or towing a boat up the ramp, the 4.0 felt like it could do anything but the 3.7 feels so much better on the road with actual city driving.

It is a 2008 though, so later for that body style. Idk if that makes a difference because I know the early 3.7 was quite a bit different from the later ones.
>>
>>16097861
Also a couple more things- Grand Cherokees have always had the best 4WD of that whole class of SUVs.

And if you want a lot of cargo space in the year, the Grand Cherokees are mediocre. The previous gen was like that too. Not sure if it's because of the spare tire or fuel tank but they always have a really high floor in the back
>>
>>16098008
>Grand Cherokees have always had the best 4WD of that whole class of SUVs.
only on certain models. The base 4wd is pretty bad, no 4-lo. Heck even the mid tier isn't all that good, relying on applying brakes to balance load.

The 4wd in my cherokee was a better system than my 05 WK limited, even though it wasn't full time and required driver input.

Quadra-drive is pretty great.
>>
File: 2009_jdpower.jpg (153KB, 800x1047px) Image search: [Google]
2009_jdpower.jpg
153KB, 800x1047px
>>16097861
Why would you do that to yourself when you would by a Japanese car?
>>
>>16097861
>buying a Chrysler product
>buying a shitty suv
Just get a civic for 3k and snow tires.
>>
Thanks guys, I think i'll steer away from this one in particular and look at the competitors of Jeep GC. Also saw this shit https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaYFLb8WMGM
>>
>>16098817
If you actually test drive the Jeep against its competitors, you might fall in love. Or you could fall for the "Chrysler a shit" meme*

>*just do your research because certain Chrysler models, as well as many other models from many brands, have certain components that may wear out faster than expected so when buying an older car either check that this issue has been repaired or set aside money to fix it in the future.

Explorers are straight too but I think you want to go either late 90s or late 00s+ because the mid-2000s had some funky issues. The Grand Cherokees drive nicer than the late 2000s Explorers though. I really like that 2008 Jeep.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.