[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just noticed there was no /bmw/ general as there usually is.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

File: maxresdefault.jpg (146KB, 1906x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
146KB, 1906x1080px
I just noticed there was no /bmw/ general as there usually is.

Im in the market for a 335i coupe from 2007-2010

Does anyone have a personal experience with those cars?

Anything i should listen for or take a look at when i inspect the car?

How can i tell if it needs a valve cleaning?

How can i tell if it has been abused or not?
Also /bmw/ general discussion is go
>>
File: 1.jpg (2MB, 2804x1312px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
2MB, 2804x1312px
>>16097305
I'm in the market for the same car. More or less then 1 series as well with the same engine but here is what it comes down to.

History wise, the 2010's had less pervasive issues so some of the common replacements from earlier models may not have been done (HPFP, wastegates).

At that age, the car should have had plugs, coils, probably OFHG, OCHG, maybe valve cover gasket, maybe water pump. The injectors are under recall, so nice if that had been done. It should have had a carbon cleaning as well at that mileage. Battery may be due for a replacement as well if not already done. Older N54's besides the 2010 do not have the wastegate or HPFP warranty anyomore, so they are either in working condition or already replace.

Mileage discussed is around 50-60k.

Before you do any tuning just walnut blast and get fuel pump and cooling upgrades.
>>
>>16097672
Wwhy are you springing for the 135i? You cant fit as much tire, and its only marginally lighter, less lighter than the size difference would suggest. I dont dislike 1 series im just curious
>>
File: Fotor_147803746189868.jpg (769KB, 2200x2200px) Image search: [Google]
Fotor_147803746189868.jpg
769KB, 2200x2200px
I stopped making the generals because people kept complaining that there was always a general.

I notice that any 335is that I see are either just commuter DDs or are modded at least visually. So I think if there are noticeable differences on the exterior asides from tint there is a good chance the driver is a person who likes high revs. Just personal experience but it seems to be the case.
>>
>>16098864
naw thats not the spirit, im trying to get into bmws, you need to continue these.

Yes i will thoroughly inspect the car for any non factory parts and ill be on the lookout for non stock wheels as well.
>>
>>16097305
I've had two and a 535i. Just look at the history of the car from bmw. You really want one with warranty as all of my bmw's needed work done on them.
>>
>>16097305
The walnut blast should be done every 60k or so but it can be done for $250.

All 6MT cars are abused. It might look stock but it was likely reverted to stock. If you're curious, looks for a vacuum line tapped into the intake manifold for a BOV. Other mods are harder to spot when removed.

>>16097672
Walnut blast yes, the other two are not necessary right away. JB4 even has a max cool mode that runs the fans and water pump at full speed.
>>
I'm not really a poor fag, just stingy with money. If I got a E90, could I just get away with fluid, filter, brakes and tires for maintenance? I'm seeing owners replace EVERY single bushing or so at some X mile interval with shocks and I don't understand how that's necessary for it's overall health/reliability as a vehicle other than just having it be in absolute tip top shape.
>>
>>16101202
Addendum: I'm only speaking of general maintenance, of course if a VCG or water pump blows then I'd spend the money on that.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.