[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

O2 Sensor Bypass

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

File: no-delete-cat.JPG.jpg (18KB, 309x415px) Image search: [Google]
no-delete-cat.JPG.jpg
18KB, 309x415px
So I'm about to purchase an AA track pipe; perhaps I will wait to see if there is a Black Friday sale if I am patient enough.

Of course a track pipe is a cat delete, so I will need O2 simulators to run them without registering a CEL. The problem is, the simulators are $200 for an ounce or two of wires.

However, I have heard of a method of using spark plug non-foulers to distance the post-cat sensors to make them receive less emissions, and apparently this has been successfully done on E36s. The best part is that the mod will only run about $5, a substantial savings.

So, has anyone here done similar bypasses? Anyone running simulators? Anyone have track pipes at all?
>>
My truck has a tune that fixes the O2 sensors and my fox body never had them - or a check engine light for that matter but have fun with your yuroputer.
>>
File: Fotor_147803434588324.jpg (735KB, 2200x2200px) Image search: [Google]
Fotor_147803434588324.jpg
735KB, 2200x2200px
>>16096879
There are tuning options like sending my ECU to AA and having the post-cat sensors disabled, but I am in CA so I would want to revert it when needed (I do plan for a Conforti Shark Injector tune after, remap on the fly).

That's why I am planning either non-foulers, or, if they do not work, the simulators. If I didn't live in CA I would just permanently disable the sensors. It would be nice.
>>
The non foulers have always worked when I saw them used however if you are planning on using the data from them in your tune then you could run into issues as the non foulers work by removing the sensor from the exhaust gas flow in order to reduce what they see to levels that are acceptable. Depending on the type of sensor you can make a cheater device with a new resistors. This worked well with old ones. I know in NC the non foulers are not illegal so you will pass an inspection with them on. In CA if they see them you might fail and get a fine for attempting to cheat the emmisions.
>>
>>16096809
Why don't you just put bungs in your pipe and keep the O2 sensors?
>>
>>16098617
It's not a matter of having our not having bungs you mong, it's that the o2 sensors will read outside of tolerance levels if he puts them back in without a cat, and emissions out of tolerance = check engine.
>>
File: Large18.jpg (73KB, 1000x664px) Image search: [Google]
Large18.jpg
73KB, 1000x664px
>>16098597
Well I would be going with the basic tune for now, the others account for headers, HFM, injectors, possibly cams and whatnot (none of which I have right now). So, for the price and gains of the base tune, it is definitely worth it even if I would have to get a new one after a couple grand more parts.

Unfortunately I have no electronics skills nor particularly trustworthy knowledge so I don't want to start off on my car. The pricey simulators are cheating devices, all they are are resistors I believe to send a steady signal back to the ECU. I'm sure a DIY would be extremely cheap if I were capable of doing it. But we didn't have shop classes in my HS, unfortunate side effect of living in a pretty well off area.

I will keep the stock midpipe to put on during SMOG inspection. I still have a couple catbacks and suspensions laying around so it is not as though it would be so troublesome to keep the midpipe. It is an easy swap anyways.

>>16098617
If I did bungs then it would just require welding that adds onto the expenses. With non-foulers I would keep the sensors in.

Although now I see that straight from AA instead of Turner the pipes and simulators cost $100 less, so I guess I should compare shippings and see if the simulators might actually be worth it. Odd that Turner is upmarking it so much...
>>
I've used the defouler method; it worked for 3 years then I took it off and sold the car. Never a CEL.
>>
>>16098745
All I've read so far has told of the same story. I don't see how the O2 simulators are not competitively priced.
>>
File: dirrty.jpg (172KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
dirrty.jpg
172KB, 1024x576px
>>16098636
>track piep
>no track toon
wtf are you guys even doing itt?
>>
>>16096809
Why would you want to delete the cat? Just replace it faggot.
>>
>>16098917
>>16099186
Cats are fine but track pipe adds 16hp and some torque plus it sounds much nicer, stock cats are somewhat restrictive.
>>
I've put defoulers on a bunch of cars, they work well, sometimes they will throw a code randomly, just clear it out, maybe happens once every 6 months. The ones I use are 90 degree elbows
>>
>>16099397
[Citation needed]
>>
>>16098597
The o2 sensor is off the precat sensor not after cat
>>
>>16099429
Sorry worded that weird, the signal that is used to meter a/f ratio is off the precat o2, aftercat makes no difference for the fuel mapping
>>
>>16099427
http://store.activeautowerke.com/collections/e36-m3/products/active-autowerke-bmw-track-pipe-w-simulators-obd-ii

https://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-340090-e36-track-pipe-replaces-catalytic-converters/?pdk=AQEBAg

15hp I was off a number, but on the OBDI it gives 20!
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.