[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

BBC stoking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: th (1).jpg (11KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
th (1).jpg
11KB, 300x225px
hey /o/ i've thought about getting a stoker kit for my 454 and plain on getting it bored .040 or .060 over and slaping it in a G-body Wagon but still streetable on pump gas. im new here and need some pointers, i know i will need to move stuff and cut things down in the doghouse but what am i getting into? and what would you recommend
>>
>>16095588
>stoker
>>
File: iskra lawrence.jpg (207KB, 1080x1350px) Image search: [Google]
iskra lawrence.jpg
207KB, 1080x1350px
>>16095588
built for the bbc
>>
>>16095599
i ment stroker, im the stupidest person i know.
>>
File: 1447234769772.gif (2MB, 270x180px) Image search: [Google]
1447234769772.gif
2MB, 270x180px
>BBC
>>
File: 1476315495594.png (9KB, 82x76px) Image search: [Google]
1476315495594.png
9KB, 82x76px
>tfw yuropoor
>tfw i'll never stroke a BBC
>>
>>16095588
Sorry anon, nobody here knows how to work on cars or build a motor for that matter. Ask some real automotive forums. This one is dedicated to shitposting.
>>
>>16095588
Only bore the minimum.
Thinner cylinder walls cause heat issues.
You can run 11:1 compression on 93 octane if you have good cylinder head design.
Cylinders will need to be machined to match pistons.
Idgaf if you order ".030 over" slugs, there will be a variance, one might be .025 and you want the cylinder to match.
So first mic the cylinders to see how much they need to be bored to clean up, then order kit, then take to machinist.
Buy cometic mls head gaskets.
Use genuine ARP hardware- don't buy from eBay.
>>
>>16095753
4140 cranks are cheap nowadays.
5140 are still good and a couple bucks cheaper.
Hyperutic pistons are garbage for a build. Spend the money on forged aluminum pieces.
Gets some 4340 h-beam rods.
If you want to run a main bearing girdle, it has to be on the block when its line honed- yes you can add one later but its best to have it installed when you get the initial machining done.
Notching the block is no big deal. As long as you're not a retard you can do it by hand with an angle grinder, usually easier after machining is done and you have all parts so you can verify how much clearance you need.
It gets annoying- putting in crank and rods, checking, taking out, grinding, putting back in....
But only remove the minimum you need, don't just guess and start carving shit up.
>>
>>16095753
i think its already .030 over and we have a loose piston thats the whole reason of geting bored and we were going to get a forged set to go along to maybe add 150 shot in the far future,
im NOT doing this as a budget build i dont want to pull the heads untill the 175,000-200,000 mile mark, or if we put a NOS kit on
>>
>>16095807
You'll need to check the cylinder with the sloppy piston and see how bad it is first.
I've done a lot to save a block that's already been modified (even having new bearing saddles pinned in on a block with a spun bearing) but sometimes it's not worth it in a new build if you can find another for $100.
>>
>>16095838
im sure its not deep tis just a ting you can hear once in a while but there dosnt seem to be any gas escaping the rings, or it could be a valve thats not seated right come to think of it.
>>
>BBC stroker in a Malibu wagon
MY DICK IS DIAMONDS
>>
>>16095588
I'm pretty sure they already have a thread dedicated to stroking BBC over on /gif/.
>>
>>16095940
Be prepared to pull the heads and go through it before you start ordering parts.
I've pulled a functioning engine apart and was actually able to rock a piston back and forth in the cylinder- but it still did 80mph all day long in a 5,000 pound truck.
>>
>>16095588
My wife knows how to stroke BBCs, let me ask her.
>>
>>16095792
He has no reason to run a girdle.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.