[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wheel locks?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: CRV-Wheel-Locks.jpg (238KB, 842x935px) Image search: [Google]
CRV-Wheel-Locks.jpg
238KB, 842x935px
How useful are these? I don't live in the ghetto, so I can't imagine anyone ever stealing my wheels. Why are these an option?
>>
>>16094261
They're deigned to be forgotten abot completely, until you need to change your tire. You'll spend hours looking for it. Whether its because you need ot, or because the tire tech asked you where its at.
>>
>>16094261
>why are these an option?
To deter wheel theft retard.
>>
>>16094261
Great way to make money as a mechanic.
>>
anyone who really wants to steal your wheels will have the keys
>>
>>16094261
They're a way to slow down wheel thieves which means it's more likely that yours won't get stolen,but they will be if the nig nog on duty does actually want your rims
>>
File: cat_lives_matter128.webm (421KB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
cat_lives_matter128.webm
421KB, 200x150px
>>16094261
>How useful are these?
It stops casual wheel theft. Don't get ones that need a key to unlock because a jammed up lock from failed theft attempts will also stop you from removing the wheel.
>>
If you want your mechanic to hate you, sure, buy a set of lock nuts.

Customers seem to love playing 'hide the locknut key'. Cunts.
>>
Really depends on the rim.
If the lugnut is exposed, then they're worthless.
If the lugs drop into the wheels, then they work great. I have to use a thin wall socket on my lugs, so to get them off without the key is nearly impossible.
>>
Waste of time/money.

Just get a standard lug so you can hit it with an impact and not hate your life when you lose the key. Shit never stops someone from removing the wheels anyway.
>>
Air chisel/regular chisel and hammer and tyrone biggums has your shit at the pawn shop, dunny
>>
Jumk. If they want to take the wheels that badly, they'll steal your whole car.

Actually what a lot of thieves are doing now is smashing out the passenger window, looking for the wheel lock key in the glove box, and if they can't find it they climb in the window and pop the ignition.

They'll also take a chisel and a big ass hammer to the center of them, and 99/100 they'll crack the nut because they aren't made of anything worthwhile.
>>
>>16094261
Complete waste of money.

If you live in the ghetto you have no business owning anything nice anyways.
>>
>>16095010
Ghetto thieves know better how to take them off without the key. Take a socket that has to be hammered on, and instant key to take off that locknut. They don't even care if they get the socket back, they likely stoled that anyway. Much quicker and quieter than what you suggested.
>>
>>16095224

Well, really, you just take the sockets with the lock nuts stuck in them and pound them back out before you steal your next set of wheels.
>>
>>16094261

Just use steel wheels and never worry about where you park.
>>
>>16095224
Good luck with that.
All my lugs are locknuts.
Have to use thin walls, so chances are you'll just split it anyways.
And there's multiple types- ops for example you can't get off with that method.
>>
>>16094933
>he doesn't have a set of common lock nut keys for dealerships only
>laughingdealermechanics.jpg
>>
>>16094517
Or a mallet and a slightly bigger socket
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.