[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

PLEASE HELP, URGENT.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: $_20.jpg (61KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
$_20.jpg
61KB, 800x450px
My cars thermostat needle keeps reading high as I continue to drive, I've filled the radiator cap with water etc, but it's still reading high every time I drive. I also hear a rattling noise when I slowly accelerate. The car is an AE82 Corolla with a 4AC engine if that helps. I'm not into cars and just need some friendly advice.
>>
Flush or replace your radiator, replace the thermostat too while you're at it

Check and see if your fan is coming on too
>>
>>16092044
Check for dead animals and garbage stuck in front of the radiator.
>>
Change thermostat and flush the coolant, do a good long flush. A monkey can do this OP.
Start your car, let it heat up and check if there is smoke when the gauge pegs to high, if there is, turn it off immediately. If not, check to see if Engine fan comes on. If not, replace.
This shouldn't cost more than 100$ if you DIY
>>
>>16092044
Check your water pump
>>
File: 1453074208901.jpg (100KB, 650x338px) Image search: [Google]
1453074208901.jpg
100KB, 650x338px
>>16092044
>wah wah my ugly shit toyota everyone my ugly shit toyoooottaaaa
>>
>>16093303
>autism
>>
>>16093322
Dont be mad that my car makes 330hp and doesnt overheat. Sorry about your shityota better luck next time
>>
>>16092044
>My cars thermostat needle keeps reading high as I continue to drive,

The classic problem when that happens is your thermostat is worn out and remains in its closed position. In some cars it is an easy fix somewhat slightly harder than an oil change. But in many new cars it is a nightmare because of all the other parts that must be removed before you can get to it. The problem about going to dealers for a new thermostat is that they like to sell a new waterpump at the same time even if you technically don't need one at that time. My dealer justifies that to me (when I needed a themostat) as being the pumps wear out, and can do it now a little bit early to save both the examination fee and labor costs of having to get to it.
>>
>>16092044
This exact thing happened to my third world Uncle , same exact car too. The rattling is pinging because the engine is overheated. The car was overheating because the rad cap wasnt on tightly and the system was not pressurized creating a condition of poor thermal transfer and low boiling point. The car was a piece of shit btw
>>
>>16093534
It IS worth noting that having a shitty radiator cap can cause problems like OPs. I literally just today replaced the radiator in my V8 ZJ but I changed the radiator cap before I got to replacing the radiator.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.