[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's it like driving a v8?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 7

File: 1426198241307.jpg (176KB, 1232x577px) Image search: [Google]
1426198241307.jpg
176KB, 1232x577px
As the title says. What does it feel like to drive a v8 with RWD? Do you have to be careful?

What about v8 swaps into light cars?
>>
>>16091724
based
>>
>>16091724
like being thrown about by big wave at the beach
in how it is slow then sudden and a little out of control

with the high torque v8 you have to be careful with how the power builds
in low rpm treat the throttle like a sponge on top of a banana peel
then after the power has come on and loaded up the tires and suspension you can push the throttle all the way down

v8 that rev high above 6000 rpm can be a bit like high speed L4 or L6
nothing for ages then a big kick that you have to be ready for
>>
>>16091724
That pic is why we voted out of the EU, they're fucking retarded liberals.
>>
It's like driving a L6 with RWD but with a lot more torque.

Can be pretty dumb because your front gets really heavy.
>look ma, no steering wheel!
>>
>>16091814
It happened in British courts.
>>
>>16091814
Lol that's just a meme though, there's crime in America too.

The literal main difference between Europe and America is mutilation. Men get mutilated to please women. Literal freedom. Probably also why they buy V8s, big displacement to compensate the artificially reduced displacement of their own piston.
>>
>>16091724
Depends on the V8, like everything else.

1987 Regal with a 307 Y engine, no need to be careful.
3016 Hellcat, better tread lightly.
>>
>>16091724
>V8 swaps to light vehicles
It fucks up the centre of gravity pretty much.
A 13b REW would be much better since it keeps the car light and has verry much power.

Also Crossbows are legal here in germany if you are 18+ so a rapist wold eat carbon fibre instantly.
>>
>>16091724
Same as an other car, I guess?
>>
>>16091724
About as careful as regular cars. No need to stab the throttle - and only apply throttle slowly during corner exits, or you'll get hektik skidz.

>>16091872
>It fucks up the centre of gravity pretty much.
https://www.flyinmiata.com/V8/

Most Miata/RX7 V8 swaps only change about a 1% to the front in terms of F/R weight balance. You'd think this would cause understeer, but the added power more than compensates for this.

>Also Crossbows are legal here in germany if you are 18+ so a rapist wold eat carbon fibre instantly.
Is self defence using them legal though? How effective are crossbow bolts? How quickly can you reload them? Do you always carry one?
>>
>>16091903
A Miata isn't a light car, a smart roadster or suzuki capuchino is light.
>is selfdefense with a crossbow legal?
Yes, but only if it is you only adequate weapon.
>>
>>16091903
A Crossbow bolt is pretty effective, it usualy penetrates 2 inches of wood.
Reloding isn't fast and carrying is a grey area.
Spearguns are completely unregulated, officialy they are toys.
>>
>>16091912
>A Miata isn't a light car, a smart roadster or suzuki capuchino is light.
And in those a V8 wouldn't even fit, unless you consider a Hartley.

>Yes, but only if it is you only adequate weapon.
Wut
>>
>>16091920
German weapon laws don't make any sense at all...
If it is your only possible way to defend yourself you can use basicly everything.
>>
>>16091920
Also you should kill the rapist since they would have to proof he wasn't attacking you if he is dead, if he's alive you would have to proof he attacked you.

German law doesn't make any sense at all.
>>
File: image.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
Just bought my first RWD V8 after 20 years of FWD and AWD V6, v6 turbo, and high strung NA I4's.

Most of the prior cars were pretty quick, so I didn't think moving into the V8 would be a big deal. But the ease in which you tip into the V8's power band is a different experience. It's smooth and always ready. But can really rev fast and high when you cane it. I'm beginning to appreciate the ready thrust, despite the fairly heavy and lazy nature of the transmission (Lexus LS430).

At the end of the day, it's nice to be able to make my full 30 mile commute without ever breaking 3000rpm, and doing most of the ride under 2300 rpm.

As far as driving dynamics, with good tires and traction control, I have not had any issues. The feel is fairly neutral and almost indistinguishable to some of the fwd cars I've previously owned. I'm sure that will change as weather in North America turns to winter. But like anything, just go slow and don't overcompensate in the snow and I'm sure it will be fine. Most importantly, don't cheap out on tires. I'm riding on michilin primacy now, and will have something like blizzaks put on later after December. May go for a true summer tire next summer as I do appreciate the superior grip.

Go for it. Feels good. Like carrying a .45ACP
>>
>>16091835
Good to know the American education system is just as competent as ever.
>>
>>16092041
Where did you matriculate from?
>>
>>16091996
Seems logical as fuck to me
>>
>>16092043
It's the European Courts that overturned the case, the British Courts wanted to deport him.
>>
>>16092050
It isnĀ“t since you are allowed to use stuff that is forbidden by other laws.

For example:
You are not allowed to buy pepper-spray against humans, so you buy it to defend yourself against animals.
If you are attacked you are allowed to use the anti animals pepper-spray only during the attack, not one second longer.
BUT the guy you are using it against can sue you for using it.
>>
>>16092040
>LS430
My nigga, those things ride like a fucking dream
>>
File: Fox Ram 2.jpg (125KB, 960x540px)
Fox Ram 2.jpg
125KB, 960x540px
Depends a lot on the weight/torque ratio and tires.

The Ram feels like it needs that torque just to get its 6000 pound ass moving and if it was an automatic it would probably feel straight up unresponsive. Also, all terrain tires so in the rare cases where I do break the back tires loose it goes CHUFF

The Fox weighs half as much and has notably more power too. The cam makes it lopey at low speeds I actually have to put it in 2nd in parking lots or it hops along and alarms people. It's extremely easy to break loose the tires but I wouldn't say it's something you have to be careful NOT to do. The very aggressive sound makes it hard to accidentally rev too high. Even though redline on both is only 5k everybody in a three block radius knows if I hit it. I was definitely cautious with it for a long time after I got it but I'm a grown ass man with some patience - if I was trying to kill myself it would be easy in either one but now that I'm pretty familiar with the fox I chirp the tires launching several times a day and I especially love the little fish wiggle you can do when you drop second.

The reliability and easy maintenance of longitudinally mounted V8s should also be mentioned. In both, I can easily see and access every single part under the hood and even though ones a Ford and one's a Chrysler and there's 16 years difference in their age and the Fox is carbureted they still are almost identical mechanically. What applies to one basically applies to the other with the exception of the fuel delivery.
>>
>>16091724
It's awesome. Most of the time no matter how hard you drive it the motor isn't even breaking a sweat. There's so much torque that you just effortlessly build speed.
>>
File: DSC_0014.jpg (2MB, 2896x1944px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0014.jpg
2MB, 2896x1944px
depends on the V8, but usually great.
>>
>>16092062
So why doesn't this apply to guns? Then they wouldn't be able to sue.
>>
>>16091724
>Slam throttle in normal conditions
>Tires break free and spin and spin and spin, even in heavy as fuck trucks

You're missing out, brother.
>>
File: 1330725048809.jpg (118KB, 900x800px)
1330725048809.jpg
118KB, 900x800px
>>16091996
>>16092019
In Germany, can't you still make a legally binding challenge to duel someone to the death with cellos at dawn?
>>
>>16092754
You are only allowed to take them out of the saf when you drive directly to the shooting range.
For home defence you would have to get them out of the safe before the invador gets to you.
>>
>>16092766
>tfw my 90 horsepower compact truck will do burnouts all day long with an empty bed
>>
File: sleeping-glasses.jpg (20KB, 403x300px) Image search: [Google]
sleeping-glasses.jpg
20KB, 403x300px
>>16091788

>rev high
>above 6000 rpm
>>
>>16092811
That's high for a V8
>>
>>16092782
>What a lucky coincidence I was just on my way to my 24 hour shooting range, Officer.
>>
>>16092828
The Audi R8 V10+ can rev to 8700 with a 5.2l V10

6000 isn't high
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsjwpSYojlY

Why do Ford produce 2 cars that do the same thing but in different ways?
No doubt the Focus is more practical and efficient so there is no point in the Mustang existing.
>>
>>16092828
>>16092839
Theoretically more cylinders with the same displacement means you can rev higher
>>
File: 00W0W_iFklAaup3PK_600x450.jpg (44KB, 600x337px) Image search: [Google]
00W0W_iFklAaup3PK_600x450.jpg
44KB, 600x337px
>>16091724
I daily a '93 SC400, honestly it's automatic so it's fine but I do way too many burnouts out of neutral and i've almost lost it and crashed fucking around with friends a couple times. About the only cool thing my car can do stock.

As long as you aren't retarded and you don't slip your clutch or rev your engine too high on the reg (you really don't need to go above like 6k in 99% of v8's) you are fine, even when you are revving it dont shift stupidly, it's the same as any car.
>>
>>16092829
You have to be on the most direct way to the shooting range, the cops are fucking autistic about that.
You could take your machete to the garden of your bro...
>>
>>16092781
WTF?
What are you talking about?
This would be considered to be murder.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.