[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: plausible but previously unheard of aero ideas

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

File: dysonairmultiplier-fig4[1].jpg (28KB, 567x309px) Image search: [Google]
dysonairmultiplier-fig4[1].jpg
28KB, 567x309px
So, I had this idea to use the concept of the dyson bladeless fan for racecar aero. Instead of putting the fan in the base, it would be fed by the exhaust through both sides. Then it could use the diverted laminar flow to point at an airfoil or fill the low pressure zone in the wake of the car.
>>
>>16085786
Lets attach stanley bobbleheads to our mirrors, that would be the best
>>
>>16085786
Yeah, because bigass empty rings are so easy to blend in the car's aero.

Plus I don't really know if such a concept would work if air is already being pushed through the ring.
>>
>>16085786
pls provide calculamations on how much exhaust gases you'd need for this to have any noticeable effect at high speeds
>>
>>16085786
Hakuna, is that you??? (I know, it's not)

Btw, I like the idea, even though it likely wouldn't make any difference...

..or maybe it would, and we'll see once Dyson's patent expires.
>>
Giant vacuums that stuck the car to the road.
>>
File: bt46b.jpg (56KB, 900x540px) Image search: [Google]
bt46b.jpg
56KB, 900x540px
>>16086832
been dun befo
>>
File: F9F-4 BLC.jpg (165KB, 1600x1242px) Image search: [Google]
F9F-4 BLC.jpg
165KB, 1600x1242px
you mean like a blown flap?
like the f-duct?
>>
File: 2j.jpg (454KB, 1636x569px) Image search: [Google]
2j.jpg
454KB, 1636x569px
>>16086832
>>
Tennis ball bumps everywhere. I can't figure out why no one has ever used them on bodywork. Mythbusters proved that it gives measurable benefits, and it really wouldn't be that difficult to do on molded composites, although I can see how it might significantly reduce die life for sheet metal stamps.
>>
>>16085786
>exhaust gases
>laminar flow
stop using words you obviously don't know the meaning of
>>
>>16086901
Tennis ball or golf ball?
>>
>>16085786
Not the way you think it works.

You direct high pressure, low volume air over the round aerofoil shape you get a lower pressure much higher volume. The ratio of pressure-volume-size is pretty tight so you'd need a large ring for any effect even on say an F1 car. F1 already applied the Coanda effect and it was banned because its fucking expensive to tune and the V8 cars were starting to get a wee bit too fast (see Redbull).

Imagine a applying the Coanda effect to the V10 era cars.

>>16086299
Dyson doesn't won the design it's a form of Coanda effect, this has been used in mines for decades for moving air.

All of Dyson's patents are "Design" Patents, which mean they don't cover the technology itself only the way Dyson markets it.
>>
>>16086862
I was thinking more like an exhaust blown diffuser that can draw more, cleaner airflow with the air multiplier design, but I suppose it's similar to the f-duct.
>>
>>16085786
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polikarpov_I-16
the exhaust pipes of this were made in such a way that the thurst genarated offests the drag created by the engine being so blukly

>use the diverted laminar flow to point at an airfoil or fill the low pressure zone in the wake of the car.
Nissan and koenigsegg already do this
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.