[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts about the Chevy SS? Why is it so damn expensive? It's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: ss.jpg (81KB, 1481x551px) Image search: [Google]
ss.jpg
81KB, 1481x551px
Thoughts about the Chevy SS?

Why is it so damn expensive? It's got as much horsepower as some cars 75% its price. Also, aesthetically, it looks like a fucking Accord. Somebody shed some light pls.
>>
>>16084071
sat in one today. some parts are nice but the trans tunnel has Cruze-grade plastic which kind sucks.
>>
>>16084081
Christ, you're paying for something in the price range of a Benz and Chevy can't even get the interior right?
>>
>>16084092
you're paying for the drivetrain and suspension. If the interior was perfect too it'd be 60-90k like an m3 or m5
>>
>>16084071

I didn't care for its looks, it's interior, or the fact that it had an LS instead of the LT1. Had it had the LT1 I might have sprung for it despite my misgivings about daily driving an RWD. At the end of the day I bought a fully trimmed out 2LTZ Impala and never looked back
>>
>>16084071
Designed, engineered and imported from Australia. They probably don't have huge numbers of them to sell so that's why they picked that price.

Looks-wise though, fuck you. Australian cars may be the most conservatively designed on the planet but the new VF looks nice damn you. Looks way better in white. It's Holden Australia's swansong. Well. almost.

Next year there will be a high performance special edition before they're gone. Probably with the LS9.
>>
>>16084071
It's a family sedan with a fair bit of power. Goes in a line quick, goes sideways with little effort.

>>16084120
>my misgivings about daily driving an RWD
What sort of cuck are you?
>>
High price because it's imported, gm doesn't want to hurt Camaro sales, has magnetic ride from Cadillac and a Bose system.
>>
Used ones are hitting $30k, and most dealers aren't getting full retail for them. Not much money for how much car you get.
>>
>>16084071
HOLDEN

>>16084141
How are the electric handbrakes? I've never used one before, but the idea sounds horrible. What was their reason for using it?
>>
>>16084120
>misgivings about daily driving an RWD
What?
>>
>>16084231
Electric handbrakes suck but what are you gonna do.
Apart from BMW heaps of manufacturers are going with electric handbrakes to make the centre console area less "cluttered". More room for cupholders I suppose
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.