[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Looking at buying this car. 2007 Mazda3. The temp guage looks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 00Q0Q_kPdFzZwXO1h_1200x900.jpg (64KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
00Q0Q_kPdFzZwXO1h_1200x900.jpg
64KB, 1200x675px
Looking at buying this car. 2007 Mazda3. The temp guage looks a little above middle. Any ideas? Has 115k miles on it. I don't mind doing a full flush, but if the head gasket's fucked or thermostat that's a pain in the ass I don't want to purchase.
>>
>>16083705
Its been idling while he has been taking photos?
>>
>>16083705
That's not normal.
>>
>>16083713
Most likely. Even idle shouldn't go that high, though. I don't know what the culprit could be.
>>
>>16083736
>>16083726
Both of you are retards it's fine
>>
>>16083705
don't unless it's a 2.3 with a manual trans. grand touring if possible

just get a civic for 3k.
>>
>>16083774
I want a hatch, I don't want a manual since I've driven strictly manuals for many years, and still have 2 manual cars other than this one, which will be my long distance, "people mover" car. Plus, I want to get a 2.0 as it has better fuel economy, and, from what I've read, is more reliable. Could be just because people with 2.3s beat them.

I would get a grand touring if possible, but I'm at the mercy of the used car market.

However, inquiring, why do you say strictly manual 2.3? This is strictly my daily driver.
>>
>>16083760
Is it? I don't know the numbers of the degrees, so I can't tell if this is a trivial difference or not. I'm thinking I'll bring my OBDII bluetooth reader when I go take a look and see the exact number.
>>
>>16083787
there's literally nothing wrong with the 2.3. It was used in some variation in the ranger, fusion, focus, escape. Its still being used in the transit connect and escape and it's the basis for ecoboost. You should ALWAYS go for the optional engine. lt's an economy car so manual is better. if you drive it long distances you still wont have to change gears much on the interstate.
>>
>>16083833
I live in Southern California and go to Los Angeles more often than not. I've noticed the gear changes lol.

Always go for the optional engine? I'm kind of the opposite. The optional engine always seems like a "oh this would be cool, throw it in because it would be cool!" gimmick, not a "this is a mechanically superior option and we will charge more for it as such."
>>
>>16083851
the 2.3 is better at passing on the interstate. more power is always better. you're a cuck if you get auto.
>>
>>16083961
I have an S2000 for more than half of my driving. Doubt that's cuck territory.
>>
>>16083791
It's at a quarter. Where it needs to be. It's a 4banger they rev high it's no biggie
>>
>>16083791

its not normal. Dont listen to the trolls telling you its normal.

http://forum.mazda6club.com/newbie-section/237080-temperature-gauge.html
>>
That's pretty much a ford focus and if its the 2.0 it probably has a sticking thermostat or the cooling system has air pockets and needs to be bled.
>>
I have the 2008 version of this car, temp is usually just under half even after a long highway drive. Something is definitely wrong with that one.

>>16083961

My shitty 2 litre can pass very easily in the fast lane, it responds surprisingly well for what it is around 3000 rpms. It gets up to about 3500-4000 going from 120 to 140kph.
>>
Also, ask your mechanic to compare the cylinder head temp sensor to the electronic temp sensor on his scan tool live data. They should be with 10 degrees of each other on a warmed up car. I've replaced a bunch of those CHT sensors as well.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.