[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ENGINE BAY CLEANAN

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: hqdefault.jpg (40KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
40KB, 480x360px
What does /o/ use to clean their bay?
>>
Water
>>
>>16077961
Enjoy your rust retard
>>
>>16077918
degreaser
steel wire brush
elbow grease
gently wash off
>>
>>16078744
Please dont do that on paint
>>
>>16077968
retard
>>
my car is from the 60s so gunk, and then rinse it off.
>>
water and a degreaser
>>
>>16077918
Squirts from virgin 13 yr olds
>>
i dont clean any of it
its a truck not a beatle
>>
I don't and there's nothing you can say that will make me
>>
File: Motorvask.jpg (3MB, 2952x2484px) Image search: [Google]
Motorvask.jpg
3MB, 2952x2484px
Engine Cleaner on a can, dishwashing brush, toothbrush and a water hose with adjustable nozzle

First; if you want to be super careful then make sure all lids & boxes are properly shut, cover your alternator with some plastic and remove the batteries before beginning.

Liberally apply engine cleaner over everything and let it work. This works best on a cold engine, as otherwise the cleaner will evaporate quick. Spray off the engine with the hose. Reapply engine cleaner, use the brushes where they are suited and hose the engine off. Repeat until desired result has been reached.

Make sure sensitive parts like the fanbelt, batteries, alternator (its a good idea to use an air compressor to blow as much water out of it as possible), plug holes, coils and everything else that might be moisture/water sensitive is as dry as can be before you start the car again

Picture is a 15-minute wash, and I had no intention of being thorough.
>>
>>16078991
retard
>>
File: 36-4502_xl_1[1].jpg (40KB, 278x950px) Image search: [Google]
36-4502_xl_1[1].jpg
40KB, 278x950px
>>16079029
I should also add; you might want to use a microfiber towel or similar when cleaning painted parts of the engine bay with the goal not to scratch the shit out of it

The point of using proper engine cleaner rather than something like white spirit or your average degreaser is that the engine cleaner is a much more potent solvent for grease and oil, while also managing to be a lot kinder to rubber, and I dont think I have to say why thats important when cleaning an engine

I use cheap shit as I'm not really all that picky when it comes to engine cleaning, but I know a guy who has tested out a few (TurtleWax, AutoGlym, Meguiars and more), and he said that the Meguiars one worked the best and left a better "shine"
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.