[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Question

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: Mid exhaust silencer.jpg (30KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
Mid exhaust silencer.jpg
30KB, 400x300px
Is removing a mid silencer on my car and replacing it with a straight pipe going to fuck it up?

I own an n/a volkswagen and people on forums said that it might fuck up my exhaust back pressure and fuck up my mpgs.
Is this true?
>>
Yes. You will lose some torques.
>>
Back pressure is the biggest fucking meme. Dudes run open headers, how the fuck is "back pressure" a thing?
>>
File: 1422556648548.jpg (21KB, 426x299px) Image search: [Google]
1422556648548.jpg
21KB, 426x299px
>>16073482
>>16073525
>>
>>16073475
>people on forums said that it might fuck up my exhaust back pressure and fuck up my mpgs
Jesus fucking Christmas

I'm going to be nice because I'm assuming you don't know any better.

It will not fuck with your fuel economy by itself. You enjoying the new sound and flooring it everywhere will fuck your fuel economy.
>>
Unless you touch with your cats, mufflers and resonators are only gonna affect performance.

With a straight pipe at lower rpms you will loose torque, higher rpms you will gain some hp (restriction) any one who says otherwise is a meme. xC
>>
>>16073544
t-thanks but what about muh torque
>>
File: 1443095866813.jpg (22KB, 398x500px) Image search: [Google]
1443095866813.jpg
22KB, 398x500px
>>16073554
Thanks brotha. Is the difference in torque noticeable?
>>
>>16073556
You say you're only removing your mid silencer (resonator I'm assuming), and leaving the catalytic converter and Muffler alone?

It won't affect anything noticeable at all other than the sound.
>>
>>16073571
Alright thanks lad, I mean if it fucks anything up I can just put my stock resonator back in.
>>
>>16073566

Depends on the car, obviously if you drive a 4cyl then yes it will be noticiable, you'll probably be redlining first to take off, I might be exagerating but you get the point. There's a reason why even race cars get exhausts (other than noise restriction)
>>
>>16073582
Sure thing m8

>>16073599
Do not listen to fucking anything in this post
>>
removing a restriction increases flow and therefore can create more power. depending on how bottlenecked your system is this could mean better driveability everywhere or only at the top end.

low end torque because of exhaust changes are not because of backpressure it is because of scavenging. the size of the pipe and how much exhaust is flowing dictates when peak scavenging occurs. scavenging boosts torque.

this is why when mexican schumacher puts a 3 inch pipe on his civic he thinks that he lost back pressure and therefore torque. In simple terms thats partially correct but not really true. the stock pipes diameter was tuned to help the engine create power through scavenging.

a 2 inch straight pipe on a 1.6 will most likely create more torque and more power EVERYWHERE compared to a 2.25 inch pipe with cats, resonators and mufflers.

does that make sense?
>>
>>16073626
Yep. I'm going to use stock diameter anyway not 3" or some shit like that
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.