[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

<2.0L N/A JDMs?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: ae86__by_nes03.jpg (288KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
ae86__by_nes03.jpg
288KB, 1600x1200px
I really want to have a slice of the JDM life, but being relatively young, insurance is a problem. I was looking at an N/A FC RX7 (I know it's a rotary, but it's quite cheap to insure), just wanted to know if there were any alternatives for a similar price.
>>
>>16073131
Just get liability and don't wreck it. Engine swaps will also fly under the radar of insurance companies just don't expect to get more than the value of the car before all the mods. Older rx7s are still fun though.
>>
doesnt get any better than a DOHC VTEC Honda
>>
>>16073131
>jdm life
stahp
>>
>>16073140
Yeah, NA rotaries are quite rare in the UK though
>>
>>16073148
They're another option, but I would quite like a FR layout to be honest.
>>
>>16073168
Oh damn. That's about all you can find in the states unless you want to spend 10k.
>>
>>16073180
It's a damn shame, but I might have to just splash the cash and get a turbo
>>
>>16073173
then youre left with anemic and heavy shit like NA CA18s and SR20s (assuming insurance on turbos are a bitch)

expensive and/or slow af Corollas

MX5s

and pain to maintain rotaries
>>
>>16073192
The UK struggle
>>
Get an AE82 Twin Cam, cheap and pretty reliable.
>>
>>16073568
Nice cars, but pretty costly for what you're getting. Think I would rather have a nice EK for that price.
>>
>>16073192
>rotary
>pain to maintain
Sure, if you find topping off oil every 2 weeks, letting it warm up all the way before shutting it off, and redlining it at least once every time you drive it to be hard. This is a bad meme that deserves to die. You should be doing that with piston engines anyway, just you can get away with it more easily with them.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.