[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is happening?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: Not Sold II.jpg (3MB, 4608x3072px) Image search: [Google]
Not Sold II.jpg
3MB, 4608x3072px
So here is the story /o/ this car is the epitome of shit. I bought it a few years ago and I've been stuck with it since.
Issues:
>Revs bouncing when idle
>delay when I hit the accelerator
>bad MPGs
>Cold air not working (not a huge issue I am in the UK I can handle the 20 minutes of summer)
>Check engine light with O2 sensor errors, keep coming back every time I clear them
>Petrol smell in the cabin on start up (air off)
>Some rattling sound coming from the engine,

Things done:
O2 sensors both front and back
Coil pack
Spark plugs replaced x2
Temp gauge
Oil
Full service basically ( coolant etc)
Took it to dealer they did their checks and said it might be the coil pack, got it replaced and didn't fix the issue they said they were going to just start replacing parts until it's fixed can't afford that shit.

No one wants to buy it with a check engine light and these issues.

Any ideas?
>>
>>16073036
Take it to a better garage. If they say they are just going to replace parts until it's fixed, they clearly don't know shit about the problem.

Take it to a different garage, see if they can diagnose the problem.
>>
>>16073036
Also, check the fuel pump, and the fuel lines. Rev's bouncing happened on my friend's 1.0 Corsa. It's almost like a misfire-ish symptom?
>>
>>16073036
I might be wildly talk g, but did you checked for leaks in vacuum lines? That could explain the dancing idle speeds and MAYBE could have an effect on what the hell the MAF sensor is actually sensing. As for the exhaust, could be an exhaust bushing (pic related)

As for the mechanic, don't go back to that dealer, and find yourself a reputable one, you know, the one people who really is into cars tends to recommend
>>
>>16073295
This

Did the car ever backfired on ya? Or Made an explosion/popping sort of sound both on the exhaust or the engine bay area?
>>
>>16073313
>leaks in vacuum lines
Was gonna suggest this. Could explain almost all the problems and is easily missed by someone who just reads codes and replaces sensors.
>>
Sounds like multiple issues that aren't necessarily related. Dont know if it could be a TPS issue for your idle problem, but it doesn't hurt to check. IAC valves will also fuck you idle and AC.
>>
File: 1477605711494.jpg (19KB, 200x243px) Image search: [Google]
1477605711494.jpg
19KB, 200x243px
>>16073036
Found the problem
>>
File: serveimage.jpg (49KB, 640x414px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
49KB, 640x414px
>>16073036
The main problem is its a fiat punto underneath, corsa reliability took a serious nosedive once fiat got involved.

What are the o2 sensor errors, too rich or too lean?

Exhaust flowing freely?

Timing chain jumped? Thats what usually rattles on those.
>>
>>16073036
that's what you get for buying this piece of junk

you could've got a 1.9 TDI or a 1.8T or even a Civic but nooo you had to get a piece of shit GM Fiat
>>
>>16073453
>>16073426
>>16073428

I know its a peice of shit, but it was my first car, I was just pure excited to have something with wheels.
>>
>>16073334
Car didn't backfire just rattling in the engine bay. Also a few times I would be sat at a traffic light and it would rev hard! all by itself, i have to turn it off and on again.
>>
>>16073286
This is the actual Vauxhall Dealer I took it to. The guys that have supposedly been trained on Vauxhalls and only vauxhalls. I've taken it to a few private mechanics but they gave me the same schpeel.
>>
>>16073295
All of the fuel stuff is in the tank, the guys at the dealership said it is a lifetime filter and pump, they never ever go wrong apparently.
>>
>>16073428
Timing chain jumped? for real, that can happen?!
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.