[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Porsche project

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: porsche-911-turbo-image.jpg (13KB, 448x252px) Image search: [Google]
porsche-911-turbo-image.jpg
13KB, 448x252px
So i want an AWD 911, but they all cost around 80 grand here.

There are some RWD ones, for about 30 grand.

Is it possible to transplant AWD parts from a turbo into the chassis, or are there fundamental differences that will make this impossible?

I know it's a bit of a broad question, but i guess i'm just asking if it's possible to get one as a project and work on it over time, or if i should just save up and buy an existing AWD one.
>>
You'll end up back at 80k.
>>
>>16070900
I figure this, but i would still have my dream car in the meantime to work on slowly, which would be fun.

As long as it's not going to end up at like 200k in the end.

Does shit fit in easy, or is it a ton of fabrication work?
>>
>>16070912
It'll fit. And 80k is exaggerated. It'll be expensive and kind of dumb, but go for it.
>>
>>16070899
where are you? why not just look around for a carrera 4s. Its not a turbo, is awd.

Why do you want a awd 911 if it isn't a turbo?
>>
AWD was and is a sinful meme for that chassis. The 911 should always and forever be RR.

And besides for the cost of converting to AWD or buying an AWD, you could spend that money elsewhere on a 911 and get much better results in laptime. To be honest however, the thing that makes a 911 faster is the driver, so the most prudent thing would be to spend that money on learning to drive RR layout at it's limits.
>>
>>16070912
if you have to ask you can't do it. if you undertake something like this you should be able to fab anything necessary.
>>
Where do you live that you can't find an AWD 911 for less than $80k? Are you limiting yourself to a specific generation? Your AWD price puts you in 991.1 territory whereas your RWD price puts you in 996, possibly high-milage 997.1 territory.

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/667295984/overview/
>>
>i can't afford the porsche i want so i'll spend thousands half assing the cheapest one i can find
>>
>>16070912

>converting a 911 to AWD
>fun

Pick one, OP.
>>
>things that won't happen, the thread
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.