[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is driving with the traction/stability control off detrimental

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: 2016-10-27 03.10.41.jpg (859KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2016-10-27 03.10.41.jpg
859KB, 1920x1080px
Is driving with the traction/stability control off detrimental in any way?
>>
go back to whatever shit board you came from

sage
>>
Pls let her die
>>
>>16070308
Been driving with ESP off for aboutt 4 years now.
Not a problem to report.
>>
>>16070308
It's never really turned off, just lessened a bit.
>>
>>16070318
4chan is dead
>>
>>16070409
Depends on the car, really. In my old man's Toyota turning "off" the traction control apparently doesn't do much because it'll still cut power to the wheels if it starts slipping, while in my Grand Marquis turning off the traction control means you can sit there doing one-wheel peels all day long and at no point will the car try to limit the throttle or wheelspin.
>>
>>16070308
Just put VSC in sport and you're good to go, it allows enough fun. If you were qualified to drive with everything off or the fuse pulled out you wouldn't have to ask.
>>
Only to your chances of survival
>>
>>16070511
What does "sport" mode actually allow?
>>
>>16070552
I'm not sure what its limits are, but it let's you get sideways and stops you from spinning.
>>
>>16070308
What car is this
>>
>>16070318
>>16070325

This is why I'm getting fed up with this place.
>>
>>16070308
not really. my old civic has non and i learned how to handle this shit.
>>
My W211 doesn't allow to turn it off completely
Fuck Mercedes, grampas cars
>>
Depending on yoru locality it is possible that your car insurance could retrieve the data from ecu in the event of a crash. If its found that you disabled the tcs or any other safety aids, they could fight covering you depending on your policy.
>>
I drove with bald tires for months in rain in my 5.0 12 mustang and believe me it does wonders
>>
>>16070647
SlowBaRuZ
>>
>>16070835
learn how to dyno mode fag
no esp or abs
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.