[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So does anyone here know anything about Fiat Coupes? I found

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

File: coupe.jpg (89KB, 1000x562px) Image search: [Google]
coupe.jpg
89KB, 1000x562px
So does anyone here know anything about Fiat Coupes? I found this for 1900 euro and it looks pretty different from the shitboxes you see in eastern europe. Should I or should i not?
>>
>>16066200
There's not a lot of Euro drivers on this board. You may have to do some Google/Youtube digging, or maybe fine a Fiat specific forum. That said, Fiat cars are generally expensive to maintain, and parts can be scarce... but for only 2000euros.... maybe no big deal.
>>
What engine is it? I think they're pretty good overall, but you have to keep up on maintenance. And if the previous owner conforms to my idea of the typical Romanian car owner there's gonna be a bunch of issues to catch up on.
>>
>>16066200
Bangled.
>>
>>16066200
I like it when I see one on the road, an interesting design. But I think it must be very unremarkable to drive (which is in the end the deciding factor).
>>
>>16066200
I was thinking of getting one as a first car but ended up not going with it because fiats are known to be unreliable, and I wanted something smaller for the city. 1900 euro isn't too bad of a price though, but be ready for insurance to be a bit higher than it would be for a normal shitbox.
>>
The 5 cilinder "Pratola serra" engine is literally top tier, a masterpiece, BUT the handling is very bad with factory settings and parts, you get a massive understeer also because of the power.

Apart from that, this in particular is a "meme tier" Fiat which is not realiable and also is extremely difficult to find someone who really is able to work on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1FtLDvFMls

It's a very interesting car and I love the interior.

Be really careful.
>>
File: 5677.jpg (89KB, 1000x562px) Image search: [Google]
5677.jpg
89KB, 1000x562px
>>16066248
2.0 16v turbo
>>16066332
Same, it's just so unique but after reading a bit I guess it's not the best first car on the list.
>>16066345
Reliability/fuel consumption shouldn't be a problem since I'm leaving for uni next year and it won't see much driving after that anyway. What could possibly go wrong in just a year? I didn't mention this in my first post, but I'm actually looking for a fun first car to just drive around and this caught my eye since it's very different from everything you usually see here. Good handling and the quality of the ride is indeed more important than design though, which means it's the trusty ol' golf for me.
>>
>>16066450
If these are your motivations, then search for a MX-5 and you should be fine.
>>
>>16066459
>miata
>in romania

Top kek m8. There's a handful of them and they're all beat to shit and expensive.
>>
File: fiat-coupe-2014-wallpaper-5.jpg (69KB, 659x449px) Image search: [Google]
fiat-coupe-2014-wallpaper-5.jpg
69KB, 659x449px
>>16066200
>let's do a sporty coupe
>cut the wheelarches at angle so it look like it's constantly heavy braking, hide the wheels back so the body looks bloated and widening from bottoom to middle, then narrowing to the top
>we need bigger front overhang, nothing says fast and sporty like plow-sized overhang
>popping frogeyes and fishmouth grille
>camping trailer rear lights - lets arrange them to form vertical lines with complete blank space between them, so the car appear taller and narrower
Chris "just fuck my shit up" Bangle at his best
>>
>>16066470
Sadly, this.
>>
>>16066450
What's your overall budget? I ended up getting a 2001 initiale, and while it doesn't stand out as much as a fiat coupe does, it runs great and I like the looks a lot. It was quite a bit less expensive than the coupe but getting it serviced and paying all the fees and first quarter insurance put it at about that much, if you need something that's good around the city.
>>
File: Seat-Ibiza-FR-01[1].jpg (306KB, 2000x1320px) Image search: [Google]
Seat-Ibiza-FR-01[1].jpg
306KB, 2000x1320px
>>16066470
Seat Ibiza FR, avoid the 1.4 tsi and go for the 1.2 tsi
>>
File: fiat-coupe-20v-turbo-02.jpg (537KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
fiat-coupe-20v-turbo-02.jpg
537KB, 1024x768px
>>16066450
If it's the 4 cyl turbo, I believe it's the same lump as found in the lancia delta and you can retrofit the lancia awd system to fit the coupé.

I want a late model 20v with the recaros and the 6 speed in the same way I want an alfa GT 3.2. It'd be a lovely car, probably not "fast" by today's standards but enough to beat an econobox but there's always that italian bork factor looming over your head and scaring you from really enjoying your ownership.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.