[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are Scorpios good cars? Both 1 and 2nd gen. I know they arent

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

Are Scorpios good cars? Both 1 and 2nd gen. I know they arent the prettiest but they have this nice american landbarge feel and comfy interiors. Plus they are pretty cheap in here, about 1k $ for a clean example like pic rel. MInd you we only have 4cyl versions. Are they reliable and cheap to run (excluding mpgess as most of them come with lpg installation already)? Is it a good idea to gen one of those or is it falling for the old luxury moneypit cars meme ?
>>
In my area, is a scorpion for 800€ with 80k km.
I think there is some thing wrong. It look much way to good.

Now I drive a Ford puma, fml.
>>
>>16064331
pumas and opel/vx tigras look really fun to drive
>>
>>16064331
>I think there is some thing wrong.

No, this is actually really realistic.

1: No one liked them, even when they were new, that's why this gen of Scorpio failed massively

2: Fords of that era are cheap as fuck anyways

3: They rust like motherfuckers, so keep your eyes open for rust.

But again, even when no critical rust, under 1000 for a 80k km Ford is not unusual.
>>
They are alright afaik
>>
>>16064342
none of the ones listed in my country have any surface rust, and its poland with salty winters. Maybe there is one i cant see but so far they look pretty good. And its both for 1 and 2nd gen.
>>
>>16064352
It's possible that the ones that went to Poland received some special rust care.

Technically they should be quite bulletproof.
Good shitbox material.
>>
They should be pretty good cars, but finding parts can be hard as there aren’t that many around. Also gas guzzlers. First gens are cool, but they are really old by now.

Getting an Omega B would be a safer choice.
>>
Brzydki, tani, tanie części, lubi gnić. Z tego co mi brat opowiadał którego kiedys znajomy tym autem przewiózł to całkiem wygodne auto.

Pamiętaj tylko, że ze względu na urodę to ciężko to będzie ci sprzedać w przyszłości, więc albo zajeździj go na śmierć albo staraj się chociaż w normalnym stanie utrzymać.
>>
They aren't that comfy if you are used to Jaguar or Mercedes. But they ride a lot better than small cars.

Rover 75 is another similar option.
>>
>tfw no Cosworth
>>
File: lol.jpg (10KB, 220x200px) Image search: [Google]
lol.jpg
10KB, 220x200px
>>16064360
>It's possible that the ones that went to Poland received some special rust care.
lol no

>Are Scorpios good cars?
there are 400 W124s on polish craigslist now and only 18 scorpios. Do the math.
>>
>>16066660
>W124

Not even an S class
>>
>>16066730
Are you retard-baiting or actually comparing scorpio/omaga to S-Class/7er
>>
File: tb_senator_b_24v-002[1].jpg (179KB, 1222x574px) Image search: [Google]
tb_senator_b_24v-002[1].jpg
179KB, 1222x574px
>>16066762

Well the Scorpio is closer to the Senator...
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.