[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

CHOOSE WISELY

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

File: original.jpg (11KB, 214x220px) Image search: [Google]
original.jpg
11KB, 214x220px
You may only choose one car to drive for the next 3 years:

>A 2009 Pagani Zonda Cinque

Or

>A 1992 Geo Tracker (neƩ Suzuki Sidekick)

You may not drive any other vehicle during this time.
You will have to pay for all repairs and insurances.
You may upgrade the car, but you will have to pay for all upgrades.
You may not sell, rent, or otherwise profit from the car.
The car will come with a full security system.

Which car do you choose?
>>
>>16062834
Is the tracker 4x4?
>>
>>16062834
>You may not drive any other vehicle during this time.
>You will have to pay for all repairs and insurances.
well whats the fucking point then
>>
>>16062844
The tracker is the 4x4 lsi model with removable hardtop. It is a 4 speed manual transmission.

Both cars are new, in showroom condition, never been driven
>>
>>16062850
Do you go for an underwhelming yet practical car or an impractical dream car? Both have their pros and cons.
>>
As cool as the Zonda would be (I'm still 12 in my mind, shut up), the Sidekick/Tracker would be the one I could actually afford.
>>
>>16062865
Yeah, the cons being nobody on this board can afford insurance and/or maintenance to daily drive a cinque for 3 years. its a 2 millon dollar super car, and only 5 examples exist, so i dont even understand why you made the thread
>>
>>16062834
Why in the absolute fuck would you want to daily a fucking Pagani for 3 years

That is probably the last car I'd want to dd, especially for 3 goddamn years
>>
/o/ couldn't afford the basic maintenance on a Zonda
>>
>>16062834
The Zonda, 100%. If it's brand new, I could probably get 3 years out of it with just basic maintenance, which I could probably get someone to do for free in exchange for taking it out for a weekend (bear in mind getting repair work done for free isn't profiting)
>>
Considering that dding a zonda will bankrupt me after 1 insurance payment and a pair of tire changes (assuming it doesnt need maintenance in this time), id have to go with the geo. Choice is made for me because i commute over 60 miles round trip every day
>>
Take the Zonda, sell it and ride the bus (or buy a bike) for 3 years, after which i buy whatever the fuck i want.
>>
>>16062933
>You may not sell
Great reading comprehension you fucking pylon. Kill yourself.
>>
>>16062903
>guys, I promise, using the car to get something for free totally isn't profiting from the car!
>>
>>16062834
zonda

I've been DD'ing a bicycle for the last 5 years anyway so I could just take the car out for those lovely sunday drives
>>
>>16062834
>repairs and insurances.
Geo it is.

Does anyone know how much repairs, and maintenance cost on a supercar?

Right now the highest mileage P1 is only around 35,000 and the owner of that car just paid $15,000 on some suspension repairs/maintenance.
>>
the Cinque.

I do public transit/bike/walking, so having a Cinque to use when I please is an easy choice.
>>
>>16062834
Tracker and beat the absolute fuck out of it.
>>
>>16062834
Zonda. I daily my motorcycle anyway.
>>
File: Pagani_Cinque_01_150mm2L-2.jpg (118KB, 1024x654px) Image search: [Google]
Pagani_Cinque_01_150mm2L-2.jpg
118KB, 1024x654px
>picking up dates in a tiny notjeep
>or a god damned infernus

Dumb thread, having to pay for insurance would bankrupt any normal person but I'd otherwise happily drive it into the ground and walk once it dies.
>>
>>16062834
The fancy one. I already own a '98 Tracker which has the same body as '92 but with a better head and lot of upgrades so I'd like to try something different.

I'd probably do something to avoid all the insurance and fees though, like get farm plates for it. I got a buddy at the DMV that might slide me through.

>>16063448
Tracker is about the same size as the wranglers from the 90's. There's a guy at my work with a cherokee sport that parks next to me and it's quite a bit smaller. The tracker convertible just has a stupid short wheel base, so it's tall, but not very long.
>>
File: IMG_9325.jpg (117KB, 700x481px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9325.jpg
117KB, 700x481px
>>16062853
I was just gonna ask if the Tracker is clean. If you're saying it's basically new, then I would probably do that.

On the other hand I really don't want to pass up a Zonda. If it were brand new, like 5mi on the odometer, how much maintenance could it need over 3 years? I live close to work so if I keep my road trippin to a minimum I could probably limit it to 10k of 15k miles over 3 years. I can wrench a little bit so I guess I could at least attempt to do fluids and basic shit in the garage. And I live in FL so not like I would have to worry about driving the thing in the snow.

I make decisions like a nigger though. If you put a Zonda and a Tracker in front of me and gave me 10sec to pick which keys I want, I would probably end up in the Zonda.
>>
>>16062834

Literally all of /o/ is too fucking poor to own the Zonda, so of course they'll choose the Geo.

[spoiler]reality check[/spoiler]
>>
Since insurance was not specified, I buy a classic policy for low mileage or buy liability since OP didn't specify I had to hand the thing back in one piece. I can do any maintenance personally since I'm a mechanic. Wrenching is wrenching so no reason to be intimidated. Since "drive" was specified I drive the Zonda and go back to dailying my motorcycles which is fine with me.

I have a very good excuse to ride more and a Zonda to play with. I put a Reese hitch on the Zonda to piss people off and for light towing.
>>
>>16064597
>how much maintenance could it need over 3 years?
Well, the DCT fluid needs to be changed every 8000 miles. Tranny has to come out for that. Which means the car has to go back to Italy.
>>
>>16064636
Sorry, meant SCT.
>>
File: IMG_6830.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6830.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>16064636
I'll bring the thing to work and put it on a 4 post lift and ask the mechanics to help me out. I could probably bring my own car in there for oil changes in the afternoon if I really wanted to.
>>
>>16064636
Why the fuck do people buy pain in the ass cars like that? What's the highest end sports car that you can own like a normal car? Something with just normal maintenance. None of this having to change wheels and rotors to replace brake pads or having to rebuild random shit.
>>
>>16064636
>Tranny has to come out for that. Which means the car has to go back to Italy.

Why is that? It's only a transmission. Unless they have to cut it out of the car and they're cutting composite structures I'm still good.
>>
>>16064647
A motorcycle.
>>
>>16064649
The Zonda has a fuckton of tool-specific 100 dolllar custom bolts. Nobody is going to service the fucking thing. Although, if you could get it out , a merc dealership could service the actually tranny.

Not to mention all the other issues with disassembling a car with no manual, especially a mid-engined super exotic with a transaxle.
>>
>>16064652
>manual
And I literally mean a book in this case.
>>
>>16064647
They're not going to put $40 AutoZone brake rotors on a 200mph car mang. You also need to run expensive tires for those speeds and an engine making that kind of power is gonna be high strung and need to be looked after.

I imagine something like an R8 with a 6spd (if they still make em) without carbon ceramic brakes wouldn't be nearly as bad. Or any American cars since they use truck engines.
>>
>>16064654
I'm sure there's "how to" vids on youtube
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.